Recruiter at United Airlines Business Services Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2978 Applications:457 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
United Airlines - Senior Analyst - Enterprise Analytics (4-10 yrs)
Sr. Analyst - Enterprise Analytics
Sr. Analyst - Enterprise Analytics
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Team Overview :
United Airlines - Enterprise Data Analytics department partners with business and technology leaders across the company to transform data analytics into a competitive advantage. An offshore team based in Delhi, India will work closely with this group and support it with complementing skills and capabilities. The key objectives are to improve operating performance, boost customer experience and drive incremental revenue by embedding data in decision making across all levels of the organization.
Role Overview :
The team is currently looking for a leader who has a passion for data and analytics with the willingness to dig deep into details as well as the ability to assess the big picture. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders in US as well as training and retaining key talent within the offshore team are keys to success in this role. This role will require strategic thinking and strong client focus. High-level responsibilities of the role include:
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Continuously develop and demonstrate improved analysis methodologies
- Ensure alignment and prioritization with business objectives and initiatives - help business owners make faster, smarter decisions
- Sharing of internal best practices and foster collaboration with internal and external teams
- Create and develop presentations for United leadership and external stakeholders
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Operations Research and/or MBA preferred
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified - and sometimes undiscovered - needs Hands-on knowledge in either predictive modeling or in setting up business intelligence solutions
- Hands on experience in setting up using Big Data ecosystems like Hadoop/Spark will be a plus
- Basic programming skills for web scraping and experience of working with non-structured data will be a plus
- Be experienced in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from various sources to highlight patterns and relationships
- Strong knowledge of either SAS, R or Python
- Be proficient in using database querying tools and able to write complex queries and procedures using Teradata SQL and/or Microsoft TSQL
- Be familiar with one or more reporting tools - Spotfire / Tableau
- Be able to communicate complex quantitative analysis and algorithms in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Exhibit written and spoken English fluency
- At least 4+ years of experience in analytics required
- About 4-6 weeks of travel to US in a year required
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
This position is offered on local terms and conditions within United's wholly owned subsidiary United Airlines Business Services Pvt. Ltd. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.