Recruitment Lead at Unilog
Views:1172 Applications:353 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Unilog - General Manager - Finance - CA (15-18 yrs)
We are leading B2B Ecommerce Platform Organization seeking a full-time General Manager Finance to head its India finance function.
We are a technology company and a leader in content solutions. The company started as a content provider and has now successfully expanded its business to become a leading SaaS provider in the eCommerce and content-as-service space. With over 200 clients mostly in the US, We have been expanding rapidly and is poised for further growth. The Company has operations in India and the US. It has operations in multiple locations in India and a large workforce in Bangalore and Mysore.
About the role :
The GM, Finance will head all finance and accounting operations in India and manage the financial reporting function for the entire company. This is a crucial position and the incumbent will be expected to work very closely with all key stakeholders - both internal and external. This will include the CFO, located in the US, the Executive Team, the India management team and the finance organization. External stakeholders will include statutory auditors, tax and other regulatory authorities, bankers and vendors.
We are looking for a candidate that can, not only think strategically but also dig into the details and is not afraid of rolling up their sleeves to do the work. The accounting group is located in India and is responsible for financial reporting of the company including the operations in the US. A team of ten accounting staff is located in Bangalore and Mysore. The GM is expected to provide inspiring leadership to this team by establishing clear policies and processes to ensure adequate control and financial reporting.
- As a leader in the finance function, the GM is expected to develop a healthy and strong relationship with all key functions including sales, marketing, HR, R&D, technical support and delivery.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have about 15 years of total experience of which the last five should be in a senior role in a SaaS company. Experience in developing and providing key performance metrics on a regular basis is necessary.
- Review and document all important processes including revenue recognition, expense and capitalization
- Clearly document and communicate revenue recognition policies and processes to all stakeholders in the organization. Establish procedures to highlight variations at the earliest in order to seek a quick resolution to any issues
- Review existing month end, quarter end and annual close process and make appropriate changes. Communicate the process clearly to all key stakeholders especially those outside the finance organization
- Participate in the development of and support the company's annual plans
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages. Preparation of monthly financial summary highlighting key variances from prior year and plan
- Leverage existing investment in ERP system.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company's procedures
- Experience in providing financial reports to investors and bankers
- Familiarity with foreign currency accounting is desirable
- Provide oversight of outsourced accounting and tax functions
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Manage the preparation of payroll
- A very important part of this role is to provide inspiring leadership to the finance organization based out of Bangalore and Mysore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Chartered Accountant
- Minimum 15 years of accounting experience showing progressive development. The ideal candidates will be in a senior finance role in a SaaS business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Advanced software skills to include MS Office and ERP experience
- High attention to detail is required
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative and growing company
Confidentiality : This position will be handling confidential personal data and information that belongs to our clients.
Compensation and Benefits : We offer a competitive pay and benefits package.