Consultant at Mancer Consulting Services
Views:623 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Underwriter - BFS (2-7 yrs)
About the Role :
The work involves performing Financial Analysis, preparing the financing memorandum, structuring & closing ABL transactions, handling a variety of complex transactions. Works independently on moderately to complex issues and projects. Responsible for analyzing complex companies and industries, conducting credit analysis such as assigning credit rating for portfolios.
2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following :
- End to end credit lending services for commercial loans, credit underwriting specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing and purchase order financing to companies and use qualitative and quantitative metrics to arrive at Rating of Borrowers
- Responsible for performing financial analysis, calculating financial covenants, calculating yield, performing industry analysis, performing revenue analysis and preparing the financing memorandum
- Supporting origination function by focusing on the credit write-up process, structuring and closing ABL transactions
- Responsible for independently handling a variety of complex transactions.
- Response independently to large and complex issues.
- Experienced negotiator, underwriter, Loan closer with complex account Mgmt. experience
- Works under senior staff on more large and complex transactions
- Has comprehensive product and industry knowledge
- Responsible for analyzing complex companies and industries, conducting credit analysis such as assigning credit rating for portfolios as well as underwriting, and providing reliable QC of junior team members- work depending on requirement.
- Includes end to end responsibility of completing the request received from client includes financial spreading in credit analysis tool, analyzing financial statements, identification of trend and provide financial commentaries on cause and effect on identified trend as per business requirement
- Responsible to complete Pro forma adjustments based on the projected financial information for assigning credit rating for underwriting requests
- Responsible for Industry analysis, Internal and external risk factors of the borrower and more importantly a superior business writing and good communication skills.
- Should be able to analyze Company's management and equity sponsors- strength & weaknesses.
- Responsible for assessing the repayment capacity of the highly leveraged Borrower's.
Essential Qualifications :
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree, equivalent
- Min 2+years of experience in assessing credit worthiness of the borrowers based on qualitative and quantitative factors
- Distinguishes between critical and irrelevant pieces of information. Gathers information from a variety of sources to reach a conclusion.
- Working Knowledge of Credit Products life cycle specially on commercial loan products
- Ability to prepare internal memorandums while identifying and mitigating risk
- Strong knowledge of preparation and analysis of projected and proforma based financial statements
- Strong knowledge on GAAP Accounting / International Financial Reporting Standards
- Sound knowledge of ratio analysis, cash flow, and trend analysis
- Should have experience of Financial spreading across all the Industries
- Ability to read & analyze financial statements.
- Should be able to handle subjectivity in the financial analysis and substantiate with reasons
- Proficient and advanced ability with US business writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS office application
- Should be flexible to stretch as per business requirement
Desired Qualifications :
- Able to multi-task to accomplish tasks effectively
- Analytic skill
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly & accurately while maintaining acceptable standards of workmanship
- Ability to recognize and escalate to management for any process breaches
- Highly motivated with strong organizational
- Flexibility to work in different shifts
- Ability to succeed in a team environment