Unacademy - Director - Learning & Development (10-15 yrs)
The Director - L&D will be responsible for developing and implementing a Learning & Development strategy that facilitates and drives individual development and capacity building in line with business requirements. The position will involve collaborating effectively with people at all levels and interacting with multiple departments to ensure the achievement of individual, functional and organizational goals
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis using both structured and informal methods to capture requirements across the institution; identifying current and future developmental needs at the individual level, and capacity building requirements at the institutional level
- Conceptualizing innovative and flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified, including identification of external training programs and conferences, the design and delivery of in-house training sessions, enrollment in online learning programs, mentoring, self-learning, and other methods as appropriate;
- Drawing up a comprehensive L&D Plan based on the developmental needs and methods identified.
- Driving and facilitating the implementation of the L&D Plan to ensure smooth execution with effective outcomes; providing thought leadership around program design and delivery.
- Monitoring and evaluation of both structured and informal methods used; making continuous improvements in the approach, process and methods as appropriate.
- Organizing and anchoring the New Hire Orientation programme to enable easy settling-in and culturalization of new joiners.
- Refining existing systems and processes, and setting up new processes as required, including: preparing and tracking the annual L&D Budget; creating and updating the Training Calendar; tracking training attendance; capturing feedback on training programs as well as conferences and workshops attended.
- Tracking L&D related data and generating regular MIS reports as required;
Maintaining a keen understanding of learning & development trends, developments and best practices.
- Must have at least 10 years of relevant experience and a good understanding of L&D systems and processes, instructional design, content development, training delivery, and evaluation of training effectiveness.
- Exposure to working in an organization involved in education or training would be an added advantage.
Other qualifications required for this role include:
1. High quality written and verbal communication skills, strong listening skills;
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels in the organization;
3. Demonstrated success in implementing innovative training techniques and learning technologies, in multiple areas including managerial and leadership development areas; 4. 4. Experience in conducting organizational, program level, and individual needs analysis to identify learning and development needs; experience in running targeted development programs;
5. Good knowledge of the training/learning related offerings available in the market, including relevant training organizations and service providers;
6. Exposure to authoring tools, Learning Management Systems (LMS) and eLearning development systems, tools and resources.