Human Resources at Ummeed Child Development Center
Views:1588 Applications:374 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Ummeed - Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (12-15 yrs)
ABOUT UMMEED :
- Ummeed Child Development Center was founded in 2001 by Dr. Vibha Krishnamurthy, a developmental pediatrician, an Ashoka Fellow, and resource person to government and international organizations such as the WHO.
- Ummeed's vision is to help children with developmental disabilities and those at risk, reach their full potential and be included in society. Over the last 18 years, Ummeed has provided direct services to over 10,000 children like Shivam, and indirectly reached out to over 2,50,000 children such as Jigar.
- Over the next 3-5 years, Ummeed is looking to reach over a million children with or at risk of disabilities, and bring about a paradigm shift in how children such as Shivam and Jigar are responded to. To do this, Ummeed will scale its existing services (direct services as well as training and capacity building), create greater awareness, and build local networks of like-minded individuals and organizations. This will include setting up an iconic center in Mumbai, that is dedicated to child development and disabilities (none such exists anywhere in India today).
- In designing all of these solutions, Ummeed will actively partner with families, young adults, and children experiencing disabilities ( nothing for us without us).
RECRUITING SENIOR ROLES AT UMMEED :
- To enable this mission, Ummeed is looking to fill some key positions that can manage functions such as HR, fundraising, donor management, finance, IT, admin, and others. These functions currently exist at Ummeed but need to be grown and groomed to enable the impact Ummeed is seeking to create.
- Ummeed is looking for successful mid-career (12-15 years of experience) professionals, such as MBAs from a reputed management school or Chartered Accountants with experience of managing operations of more than one department for the last few years in a well-run organization. Interested applicants should have core expertise in a few of the above-mentioned areas, and competence to manage the rest. Applicants should be passionate about working in the social sector and creating impact at scale and across multiple dimensions.
Some key expectations from these senior roles include :
- Lead and motivate key support functions mentioned above (with core expertise in a few of these areas, and general competence to lead the rest of the functions)
- Build these teams, including recruiting people one or two levels below, as needed
- Streamline overall operations (processes, people, documentation)
- Work in close collaboration with the CEO, founder and other members of Ummeed's senior team to deliver Ummeed's current services and enable future growth
- Understand and sustain Ummeed's culture (see more details below)
- Support the establishment of Ummeed's iconic single center
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as donors, auditors, partners, others, for all of the above
Ummeed is unique in the social sector, not just because of the influence it has been able to create in a large underserved area, but also because of its work culture and ethos, that includes :
- A challenging but flexible work environment that offers opportunities for growth and creating impact at scale
- A leadership that invests in its people, giving them the freedom to explore, innovate, learn, while responsibly delivering on committed outcomes
- A strong culture of respecting diversity, being inclusive and committed to serving children with disabilities and their families
- An opportunity to work in collaboration with a diverse group of highly passionate, motivated and talented individuals
- An opportunity to get involved in the core work, not just looking after support functions