Founder at Thought At Work
Views:697 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
UI/UX Designer - New Digital Business - Consulting Firm - IIT/NID (5-10 yrs)
We are looking for our client an exemplary Digital UI/UX to help drive the rapid growth of new digital business. The client is one of the world's most reputed consulting firm and their main purpose is to help companies imagine, bring-to-life and launch digital products and solutions. To do this, they have assembled a group of world-class experience design, data sciences and technology professionals with deep knowledge and experience in building digital businesses and solutions - from mobile applications and e commerce, to new and emerging digital solutions yet to be realized
Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, and needs, create/update and prototype digital user interfaces and physical products.
Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, and needs, create/update and prototype digital user interfaces and physical products
- Responsible for understanding a client's vision and intent; conducting stakeholder conversations and workshops
- Develops understanding of users and customers through primary and secondary research, able to come up with a research plan and lead a team through the process of research and synthesis - Bring research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, user stories, sketches and scenarios that meet your customer profiles in a multi-device approach
- Prepare low fidelity prototypes of digital solutions; ranging from paper sketches to wire-frames or interactive prototypes.
- Presents Concepts and designs to the customer for review and iteration. Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative manner to improve prototypes.
- Able to explain the design philosophy verbally and convince stakeholders of the process.
- Engaging with solution architects and technical teams to deliver digital solutions
- BA or MA degrees in design, business, psychology, strategy or another relevant field
- IIT MDes and NID candidates are preferred.
- Engaging with clients and client teams on a daily basis; demonstrated through experience
- Experience with ethnographic research (quantitative and qualitative ), divergent exploration, conceptual development and interaction design
- Hands on experience with design and research tools; like Sketch, Adobe CS, In-vision, Optimal Sort etc.
- At least 5-10 years of professional experience
- Ideally experience in the start-up scene and/or with innovative tech firms, e.g., founding of own start-up or Silicon Valley history, large or complex system integration projects
- Strong drive and motivation
- Possesses curiosity for technical environment, UI, web and mobile applications
- Passion for design of digital products and services; awareness of trends
- Outstanding all-around problem solving skills
Interpersonal/ communication skills, including:
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, possesses creative problem-solving skills and willingness to offer suggestions for improvement; builds relationships to leverage resources
- Demonstrated diligence, attention to detail and technical intuition.
- Service-oriented, flexible, positive team player
- Possesses organization skills and composure: ability to handle competing priorities and to work effectively in a challenging fast paced environment
- Exercises judgment in managing confidential/sensitive information; trustworthy
- Work management, organization and planning
- Values and ethics
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with client's values and culture.
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple labor laws and cultures.