Udaan - TC Hub Manager (6-8 yrs)
The opportunity with Udaan for TC-Hub Manager in Ranchi and Patna
- At UDAAN, simplicity is our core. We believe great value is created by simple ideas. UDAAN is about simplifying business in India. UDAAN is about making B2B commerce convenient and efficient.
- India has 50m+ SMBs, who form core of Indian economy and society. They are the entrepreneurial pulse of India. We believe internet is a great equalizing platform. We want to bring our energies together in bringing power of Internet to these millions of entrepreneurs.
- This is the mission of UDAAN.
We're looking for an all-star to be part of our Supply Chain team. If you are comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, this is the place for you
Job Purpose :
Manage, oversee and direct all the aspects of TC operations to ensure that TC is functioning well and processes are running smoothly.
Accountability Cluster :
I. Review the daily activities of the TC and ensure better performance
II. Design and Implement the hub processes for the proper functioning of the TC
III. Undertake meetings and manage the teams to drive continuous improvements
IV. Manage the reporting performance of vendors and enforce coordination among different departments
Major Activities / Tasks
- Handle the exceptions of day to day activities
- Have key focus on Restoring process, Deploy, Drive and Review process compliance in Hub Ops to ensure targets on On-Time Delivery
- Work closely with TC and LMs in reviewing and optimization of a distribution network and identify improvement opportunities
- Prepare RCA, track and improve on key metrics like a breach, shipments etc. for given region
- Ensure the unloading of trucks within 24 hours
- Define SLA to achieve the targets and resolving of issues
- Maintain full occupancy of the creative workspaces
- Weekly meetings with TC managers of other regions
- Discuss the problems with the team and implement the changes
- Train the employees and address their issues
- Define KPIs to monitor the performance of process and resources.
- Identify the best suitable vendors ( transport & manpower) and negotiate the timing as necessary
- Managing the TC costs
- Coordinate with other cross-functional teams and suggest changes
Major Challenges :
- Reframing the process, deploying manpower in case the vehicle doesn't reach on time
- Package handling- sorting material between trucks
Key Interactions :
- HR- monthly for manpower hiring
- Technical & security team- need basis
- Sales tax & CTO for documentation of vehicles- need basis.
- Manpower & transport vendors; truck drivers-need basis
- Team size- 35 employees off role in each hub (Hyderabad, vizag)
- Inward breach - 95%, Outward breach- 95%, SAH within 24 hours, Lost shipments - 0, Cost- Rs 10/ shipment
- 80% target performance of the hubs
- 100% operational efficiency as per customer SOP.
- Any engineering graduate, MBA- Supply chain management or logistics. - Preferred
- Ability to deal with people and a team player
- Time management & stakeholder management
- Should have good knowledge about six sigma
Min 6-8 years of experience in supply chain or warehousing.
Salary offered: 8-10LPA