Udaan - Supply Lead - FMCG (3-5 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Building the entire supply function of a city/area from scratch
- Figuring out the right supply strategy for that city - National Sourcing v/s Collection Center v/s Mandi Buying
- Understanding the different types of buyers and their quality needs to ensure the right supply design
- Building and managing a team of buyers responsible for procurement
- Negotiating the best rates from the vendors
- Figuring the seasonality and local nuisances of the category wrt fresh produce
- Opening and managing collection centers to procure direct from farms
- Building strong relations with key farmer partners to ensure a strong and reliable sourcing channel
- Sourcing fresh produce at best prices to ensure a healthy P&L of the city/area
- Working closely with quality and demand teams to ensure minimum wastages
About Udaan :
Udaan makes B2B commerce convenient and efficient. We are India's leading B2B e-commerce platform and one of India's largest & fastest growing ecommerce companies. Lakhs of Indian SMBs (Small and Medium sized Businesses) - the entrepreneurial pulse of India - in multiple categories and across the length and breadth of the country use the udaan app everyday to buy and sell goods at a hitherto unheard of scale. Udaan's logistics, payments and credit services empower our users to trade safely and easily. Our mission is to empower small businesses and accelerate India's commerce. To achieve our mission, we are building the digital, financial and supply chain infrastructure that Indian commerce needs.
We are a very passionate and driven team on a mission to grow India's commerce by bringing the power of internet to Indian entrepreneurs. If you are comfortable in an "all hands-on deck" environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, you'll feel right at home.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.