Partner - Leadership Hiring at Udaan
Views:240 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Udaan - Sourcing & Merchandising Lead - Private Brands Lifestyle (8-12 yrs)
Role & Responsibilities :
- Candidate will be responsible for driving end to end sourcing and merchandising, of Private Brand products being responsible for Option Planning, New Product Development, Supplier selection & start up, contracting & contract management & cost management during the lifecycle of the products.
- Responsibilities will include working closely with multiple teams including Category, Quality, Marketing & Biz Finance etc to source products meeting the specifications at the right price points.
- Be responsible for Global Sourcing strategy for the Category
- Be responsible for Global supplier base for the category suited across multiple locations.
- Build sound understanding of product quality in different verticals and ensuring the right quality through manufacturers for the entire selection.
- Identify and grow the right manufacturers in every vertical through extensive data analysis and effective business development initiatives
- Drive growth of the Private Brands in the BU through planning and executing aggressively
- Develop a yearly budget depending on sourcing needs.
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends and best practices
- Adhere to all relevant guidelines and regulations
Key Skills Required :
- Stakeholder management : Work with internal and external stakeholders to drive the category forward.
- Business acumen and decision making : Strong orientation for learning and quickly grasp business nuances. Ability to take decisions based on sound data analysis , P&L management and business understanding.
- Customer obsession : Puts the customer experience paramount to all other considerations (both retailer and end consumer)
- Problem solving : Deal with complexity and unstandardized processes to come up with quick scalable solutions to problems
- Data orientation : Should be able to build an approach to solving problems through data first