Udaan - Risk Analyst - Credit Team (3-7 yrs)
Udaan makes B2B commerce convenient and efficient. We are India's leading B2B eCommerce platform and one of India's largest & fastest growing eCommerce companies.
Thousands of Indian SMBs (Small and Medium-sized Businesses) - the entrepreneurial pulse of India - in multiple categories and across the length and breadth of the country use the udaan app every day to buy and sell goods. We support our SMB users through logistics, payments and credit services.
We are a passionate and driven team on a mission to bring the power of the internet to Indian entrepreneurs. We're looking for an analytics wizard to be part of our credit team. If you are comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, you- ll feel right at home. Read on to know more.
- Being a digital platform, udaan generates a tremendous amount of data on an ongoing basis. As a risk analyst, you will be responsible for leveraging our data to solve business problems from various spheres (ex: underwriting, collections, growth etc) of our credit program in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- The problem-solving process typically involves one or more of the following steps
- Analytical articulation of a business or operations problem statement
- Digging into data to unravel the complexity of the problem and identifying the broad contours of potential solution(s).
- Simulating the solution either through historic data or through real-world experiments to validate potential solutions.
- Rolling out identified solutions in partnership with business and operations teams
- Supporting the solution post-roll-out on an ongoing basis.
What you'll need to be good at:
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving and a high level of comfort with numbers
a. Strong foundations in statistical methods
b. Fetching and manipulating large data sets using SQL / Hive
c. Analyzing and visualizing large data sets: R / python
- A keen sense of business and attention to detail.
- Understanding and being sensitive to the needs and challenges of stakeholders.
- Communication - both verbal and written
- Experience in credit risk reporting related projects
- Experience working in the lending industry with demonstrable experience within different Banks / Financial Services
- Perform in-depth portfolio analysis of unsecured & secured products to assess risk & opportunities and validate and refine various credit policies/processes through the use of analytics.
- Progress towards financial certification, such as CFA and FRM is a plus
You should have 3-7 years of work experience in a fast-paced startup or as an entrepreneur and hold an engineering/math/physics degree from a top-tier school.