Udaan - Portfolio Manager - Fresh Segment - Fruits & Vegetables (4-6 yrs)
Portfolio Manager (Fruits & Vegetables) - Position Purpose & Summary
- Plan Annual Portfolio for F&V category across all operating cities adding up to the National portfolio plan.
- Plan and execute the Marketing and Communication calendar including Product launches, trade inputs and in-app merchandising support.
- Enable city teams with relevant product knowledge and support to aid in shaping portfolioand enhancing market share in focus products.
- Develop buyer insights across multiple cohorts (F&V shops, HORECA etc.) on purchase behaviour on Fruits and key vegetables. Translate the insights into actionable inputs for the city Demand and Supply teams to enable growth in volume and shaping of the desired portfolio.
- Work alongside city teams to achieve desired portfolio mix.
- Portfolio Building and Communication: 80%
- Define ideal portfolio to enable margins enhancement for the city business. Problem solve with the city teams and enable them to charter and achieve the desired portfolio mix.
- Plan and execute product introduction calendar and aids required to launch and capture market share.
- Translate portfolio strategies into product wise plan and the go-to-market strategy.
- Lead communication and merchandising development for both app and physical world to enable superior customer / team call to action.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Central repository on Product knowledge of Fruits and identified vegetables. Enable dissemination of the knowledge to Demand and Supply teams.
- Provide inputs as per the seasonality, availability, prediction on pricing, market overview of product range.
- Coordinate with Operations, Supply and Quality teams in ensuring efficient handling, storage and minimal wastages across the supply chain.
- Market Scanning & Opportunity Identification: 20%
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors- activities to identify opportunities and key issues (both internal and external)
- Analyse own portfolio performance and identify opportunities to enhance volume share and product margins.
- Scan consumer and customer trends including connecting with Farmers / FPO's / Mandi's to identify product and packaging innovations.
- Work closely with demand and supply teams to obtain relevant product information, including the development, implementation of superior selling tools.
- MBA / PGDBM, Marketing from top B schools.
- 4-6 years in FMCG, preferably Foods business
- Sales and Brand / Category management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative aptitude
- Ability to articulate vision for the given Portfolio
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and across cross functional teams.