Udaan - Manager - Legal - LLB (3-7 yrs)
Udaan is a B2B ecommerce platform that brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, and manufacturers in India on to a single platform. Our goal is to make 'doing business' easy in India & make B2B commerce convenient and efficient.
Udaan Capital is the NBFC arm of Udaan & offers credit services to buyers and sellers on and off Udaan's B2B ecommerce platform to grow their business further. This space is largely untapped with less than 10% of MSMEs having access to working capital loans from financial institutions. In this way, Udaan is uniquely positioned to formalize &scale trade credit.
- Initiating proceedings for payments and settlement, Arbitration proceedings and drafting of complaints, petitions, etc. for quick movement of cases
- Independently draft responses to notices received from customers/advocates/borrowers'/enforcement agencies
- Maintaining MIS and track movement of cases/complaints for fast resolution
- Liaising with different teams in case of any Dispute / Fraud/reconciliation error post-initiation of any legal action
- Analyze trends and suggest cost efficiency
KRAs of the role:
- Timely initiation of legal notices
- Timely and regular payment to vendors
- Quick resolution of cases/complaints
- Maintenance of MIS and review
- Initiating proceedings under Sec 138 of NI Act 1881, Sec. 25 of Payment & Settlement Act 2007
- Filing application under Sec. 17 for interim relief and enforcement of award under Sec. 36 to effect recovery
- Drafting response to Customer Notices within time
- Conducting Conciliation/Lok Adalat proceedings PAN India level.
- Drafting Skills: Drafting of complaints/petitions/complaints etc. for quick movement of cases.
- Vendor Management: Identifying vendors to stabilize cost of operations and ensuring regular and timely payment to vendors.
- Stakeholder Management: Coordinating and working different teams to achieve results
- Data Reporting: Analysing data, maintaining MIS and updating legal database regularly
- Law Graduate with minimum 3 years of work experience in the field of Litigation for Banks/NBFC/Other Financial Institutions
- Must have excellent drafting and communication skills
- Should be proficient in MS Office Tools
Should be conversant with IT Skills as the incumbent may be required for represent the Company through the virtual mode before Courts/Tribunals etc
More About us :
Founded in 2016, we operate across categories including lifestyle, electronics, home and kitchen, staples, fruits, and vegetables, FMCG, toys, and general merchandise. Our platform enables small manufacturers, farmers, mills, and brands to market and sell their products across the country with 100% payment security and complete transparency. While doing so, it enables small businesses such as shopkeepers, Kirana, restaurants, street vendors, chemists, offices, small factories, contractors, etc. to source from a large selection of products at the best prices from all over the country through the udaan App. Our e-commerce platform has enabled logistics and provides fast, low-cost, low-wastage, highly reliable shipping, and delivery of products across India.
Udaan Capital, the Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) arm focuses on Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) financing services, provides financial products for sellers and buyers to grow their business.
Udaan is headquartered in Bangalore and has a network of over a million retailers across900+ cities connected to over 20,000+ sellers.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.