Udaan - Cluster Manager - Fresh - Fruits & Vegetables Business (5-10 yrs)
UDAAN - Cluster Manager - Fresh (Fruits and Vegetables)
At UDAAN, simplicity is our core. We believe great value is created by simple ideas. UDAAN is about simplifying business in India. UDAAN is about making B2B commerce convenient and efficient.
India has 50m+ SMBs, who form core of Indian economy and society. They are the entrepreneurial pulse of India. We believe internet is a great equalizing platform. We want to bring our energies together in bringing power of Internet to these millions of entrepreneurs.
This is the mission of UDAAN.
We're looking for an all-star to be part of our Supply Chain team. If you are comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, this is the place for you
ABOUT THE ROLE :
- Supply Chain is the backbone of commerce happening on Udaan. This is the team that creates the logistics capability for sellers and buyers to conduct cross-country trade. The single objective of supply chain in Udaan is to provide consistent, cost effective and transparent logistics solution to users.
- This is the critical role you will be in charge of continually improving the user experience by designing and operating such capabilities. You will work with data to monitor network performance and design new solutions which delight customer while maximizing the cost efficiencies.
What you will do :
- Last Mile Execution - Own the city's multiple Hub's operations - Delivery through Hubs for Last Mile - ensuring that the KPI's are achieved. Manage stakeholder (i.e. warehouse managers, Hub Managers, logistics, buyers, CS, planning etc). Recruit and groom Hub Managers and their team for high performance output. Drive business with focus on rapid scale and cost efficiencies. Also, recommending the locations for the new Hubs to balance the Cost/TAT metrics
- Partner Relations - Develop logistics partnership, negotiate contracts and manage logistic network performance. Identify and resolve problem areas for customers and logistic partners for consistent and transparent delivery experience. Scaling the Last mile operations in accordance with the growth plan of the business
- Analytics - Utilize order fulfilment data to understand customer expectations from the Last mile perspective. Identify areas of improvement and new solutions to deliver consistent and cost- effective logistics services
- Develop and Optimize Processes - Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with progressive timelines for completion. Ensure the SOPs adherence across the Hubs through Hub Managers
- Product Improvement - Work closely with city heads to help automate processes develop new features which could assist in intelligently scaling a vibrant business
- Own drug safety, compliance, documentation and reporting activities for the Hubs
- Respond to inquiries raised by business teams and official bodies
- Provide quality and compliance related coaching and mentoring to team members for capability building
What you will need :
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics or similar field with MBA in General Management
- 3+ years of General Management, Logistics or Consulting experience
- Demonstrated record (3+ years) of leading large team, hiring and nurturing talent
- Exposure to large scale logistics setup (Pharma/FMCG/Food) is preferred
- Exposure to Last Mile Operations (fulfillment) / logistics is preferred
- Excellent data analysis, data interpretation and first principle problem solving approach
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment and a generalist do-what-it-takes mind-set
- A demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and continuous process improvement mind-set