Udaan - City Manager - Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Business (6-12 yrs)
UDAAN - City Manager for Fresh Category :
At UDAAN, simplicity is our core. We believe great value is created by simple ideas. UDAAN is about simplifying business in India. UDAAN is about making B2B commerce convenient and efficient.
India has 50m+ SMBs, who form core of Indian economy and society. They are the entrepreneurial pulse of India. We believe internet is a great equalizing platform. We want to bring our energies together in bringing power of Internet to these millions of entrepreneurs.
This is the mission of UDAAN.
We're looking for an all-star to be part of our Supply Chain team. If you are comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, this is the place for you.
The Opportunity :
Supply Chain is the backbone of commerce happening on Udaan. This is the team that creates the logistics capability for sellers and buyers to conduct cross-country trade. The single objective of supply chain in Udaan is to provide consistent, cost effective and transparent logistics solution to users. This is the critical role you will be in charge of continually improving the user experience by designing and operating such capabilities. You will work with data to monitor network performance and design new solutions which delight customer while maximizing the cost efficiencies.
- Operations Execution : Manage first mile, Warehousing and last mile operation on a day to day basis ensuring that the KPI's are achieved. Manage stakeholder (i.e. finance, suppliers, vendors, buying, sourcing, CS, etc). Recruit and groom operations team for high performance output. Drive business with focus on rapid scale and cost efficiencies.
- Partner Relations - Develop logistics partnership, negotiate contracts and manage logistic network performance. Identify and resolve problem areas for customers and logistic partners for consistent and transparent delivery experience
- Analytics - Utilize order fulfilment data to understand customer expectations and Logistics performance. Identify areas of improvement and new solutions to deliver consistent and cost effective logistics services
- Develop and Optimize Processes - Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with progressive timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement - Work closely with our engineering & business teams to automate processes develop new features which could assist in intelligently scaling a vibrant business
This Opportunity is right for you if :
- A Bachler degree in engineering, economics or similar field with MBA in General Management
- 10+ years of General Management, Supply Chain or Consulting experience
- A demonstrated record (5+ years) of leading team, hiring and nurturing talent as you would be leading 500+ people.
- Excellent data analysis, data interpretation and first principle problem solving approach
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment and a generalist do-what-it-takes mind-set
- A demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and continuous process improvement mind-set
BOTTOM LINE :
You have to be ready to hustle! You must be excited to get your hands dirty and become the growth catalyst of Udaan.
ABOUT THE TEAM :
We are team of experienced e-commerce professionals who have witnessed and led the e-commerce story in India.
- Sujeet Kumar - Ex-President Operations, Flipkart.com
- Amod Malviya - Ex-CTO, Flipkart.com
- Vaibhav Gupta - EX-SVP Finance, Flipkart.com
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.