Udaan - Business Analyst (2-6 yrs)
Udaan is about making business easy in India, about making B2Bcommerce convenient and efficient. We believe B2B is the new B2C in India.
India has 50m+ SMBs, who form core of Indian economy and society. They are the entrepreneurial pulse of India. We believe internet is a great equalizing platform. We want to bring our energies together in bringing power of Internet to these millions of entrepreneurs.
udaan is a B2B trade platform for small & medium businesses in India. It brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and manufacturers in India on to a single platform. At udaan, we are looking to create a fundamentally disruptive value proposition for small and medium businesses across India.
MSME financing is a $380 Bn opportunity as per the World Bank. However, less than 10% of MSMEs have access to working capital loans from FIs and a majority of MSMEs receive invoice credit from their suppliers. A trade platform like udaan is uniquely positioned to formalize & scale trade credit.
Udaan Capital is bridging this gap by offering credit products for buyers and seller on and off the udaan platform.
About the role
- A Business Analyst will be a data driven individual bringing intelligence to business and operational metrics.
- Business Analyst does not only do reporting or numerical analysis on large sets of data, but analyses trends, provides performance insights, and helps find the story behind the numbers. The role will have a BAU component around business planning and reporting, as well a project specific role.
- Business Planning & Budgeting - Understanding core business levers and creating bottom up weekly/ monthly/ quarterly plan.
- Tracking performance against plan through analytical review and trend analysis and providing performance insights
- Working with cross-functional teams to understand their processes and metrics and improving their efficiency.
- Solving targeted business pain points and providing expertise in data analysis and business intelligence
- Responsible for large data crunching.
KRAs of the role
- Drive targets with business teams
- Metrics & dashboard creation through large data crunching
- Number to story - Analyze the numbers and come out with reasoning
Key Functional Skills:
- Data Driven/ Analytical: Solve business problems by analyzing large volumes of data
- Stakeholder Management: Proactive coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Cross-functional integration: Coordinate with internal teams to understand their processes and metrics and provide solutions to increase efficiency
- Communication skills: Ability to articulate thoughts clearly and effectively.
- People Skills: Ability to support peer group, mentor colleagues/ lead teams with lesser expertise/experience
- Decision making: Ability to make sound decisions making in area of expertise and see it to execution.
- Technical Expertise: Subject matter expertise in one or two sub-areas of area of expertise backed by practical experience.
- Should possess basic project management skills
- Should have 1-6 years experience as a Business Analyst
- Hands on experience with SQL, R, Python
Qualification required: B.Tech/BSc (IISC)/Mathematical or Numerical UG Degree