Udaan - Associate Manager - Risk Analytics (4-6 yrs)
Udaan is a B2B ecommerce platform that brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, and manufacturers in India on to a single platform. Our goal is to make - doing business- easy in India & make B2B commerce convenient and efficient.
Udaan Capital :
MSME financing is a $380 Bn opportunity as per the World Bank. However, less than 10% of MSMEs have access to working capital loans from FIs and a majority of MSMEs receive invoice credit from their suppliers. A trade platform like udaan is uniquely positioned to formalize & scale trade credit.
Udaan Capital is bridging this gap by offering credit products for buyers and seller on and off the udaan platform.
About the role :
Being a digital platform, udaan generates a tremendous amount of data on an ongoing basis. As a risk monitoring manager, you will be responsible for leveraging data to solve business problems from various spheres (example: underwriting, collections, growth etc.) of our credit program in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
Job Responsibilities :
- Identify, understand and forecast risks associated with udaan Capital activities that influence capital requirements, losses and to make adequate recommendations to manage or provide for such risks
- Define the risk appetite statement for each of the credit products, monitor and highlight the impact on P&L incase of deviation from the risk appetite
- Portfolio stress testing to simulate losses in various scenarios
- Guide team members on risk monitoring execution and insight generation
KRAs of the role :
- Support growth of udaan Capital, while managing risk.
- Monitoring risk associated with different portfolios, analyzing and quantifying the impact on scale and P&L incase of deviations
- Effectively forecast and manage portfolio losses utilizing statistical models
- Insights generated for the use of risk assessment
- Analytical thinking and quantitative aptitude: Demonstrate Analytical thinking, problem-solving attitude, and a high level of comfort with numbers.
- Fetching and manipulating large data sets using SQL / Hive.
- Analyzing and visualizing large data sets: R / python.
- Ability to utilize models to meet business objectives
- Attention to detail: High attention to detail with commitment to accuracy & completeness.
- Collaborative skills and Stakeholder management: Ability to work successfully with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Communication skills: Excellent Communication - both verbal and written.
- People Skills: Ability to support peer group and mentor colleagues with lesser expertise/experience
- Decision making: Ability to make sound decisions making in area of expertise and see it to execution.
- Technical Expertise: Subject matter expertise in one or two sub-areas of expertise backed by practical experience.
Candidate Profile :
- Must hold an engineering/math/physics/ statistics degree from a top-tier school.
- Must have 4-6 years of work experience, preferably in a fast-paced start-up or as an entrepreneur or an NBFC/FinTech or Financial or Analytics organization.
- Experience in analytics projects & articulating analytical problems with reasonable assumptions.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders and prioritizing tasks at hand.
- Experience in leading/mentoring a team preferred
More About us :
Founded in 2016, we operate across categories including lifestyle, electronics, home and kitchen, staples, fruits and vegetables, FMCG, toys, and general merchandise. Our platform enables small manufacturers, farmers, mills, and brands to market and sell their products across the country with 100% payment security and complete transparency. While doing so, it enables small businesses such as shopkeepers, kirana, restaurants, street vendors, chemists, offices, small factories, contractors, etc. to source from a large selection of products at the best prices from all over the country through the udaan App. Our e-commerce platform has enabled logistics and provides fast, low-cost, low-wastage, highly-reliable shipping and delivery of products across India. udaan Capital, the Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) arm focuses on Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) financing services, provides financial products for sellers and buyers to grow their business. udaan is headquartered in Bangalore and has a network of over a million retailers across 900+ cities connected to over 20,000+ sellers.
Follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about us & stay updated with what's happening at Udaan !!
To become part of our growth story, visit our career website https://careers.udaan.com/#!/ and apply to relevant opportunities that are open at the moment !!