Senior Manager - Talent Acquisition at TVS Credit Services LTD
Views:1372 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:135
TVS Credit - Company Secretary (15-20 yrs)
About TVS Credit Services LTD:
As part of the $8.5 billion TVS Group, we have inherited a legacy of trust, value and service. TVS Credit has embarked on an ambitious vision to scale its book 10X in 10 years and be amongst the top 10 NBFCs in the country.
As part of the plan, TVS Credit is looking to institutionalise and improve systems and processes by leveraging the might of technology & analytics across the organisation to enable agile decision-making to power growth.
This role Acts autonomously as the subject matter expert or strategic advisor in general and/or speciality corporate secretarial environment. It communicates changes, risks, and legal implications on highly visible and sophisticated corporate matters at a senior/ executive level.
Identifies impacts to the business from emerging and high-risk legal issues and implications from research reports to inform solution development and the implementation of future-proofing strategies.
- Oversees legal and Corporate Secretarial matters, and assists with regulatory functions, for TVSCS, including partnering with the business and legal specialists to facilitate operations and activities
- Responsible for holding Board meetings and AGM and all Board approvals for TVSCS
- Compliance Management Framework including Identifying and updating all laws and compliance obligations applicable to Indian NBFCs.
- Drafting the Engagement letters for empanelling law firms and managing the relationship
- Drafting the inter-company agreements and finalising them in consultation with the concerned attorney(s).
- Managing ad-hoc assignments like capital raising, RBI - FEMA compliances etc.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to comply with the RBI license and related requirements
- Serves as a strong legal advisor and considers the overall benefit to the business unit or market as the highest priority when structuring legal deals and contracts
- Negotiates, drafts, and approves key business and legal agreements that are complex, high-risk, and strategic in nature
- Leads communications and training to clients on legal issues, including explaining implications on business operations and legal risks
- Engage and manage relationship with outside counsels on specific business-related research and analysis
- Manage statutory compliances pertaining to the Corporate Secretarial function and overall manage the compliances including advising to the directors as a Company Secretary.
- Graduate/Postgraduate in Law, should possess membership of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India with relevant experience of a minimum of 5 years in Corporate Secretarial matters
- Successful track record in managing and resolving enterprise-wide and/or strategic high-risk business issues. Preferably from the payments or financial services industry
- Leverages expert understanding of the statutory environment and legal position to advise on sophisticated legal issues and communicate risk and/or implications of new laws
- Leverages knowledge of the competitive landscape to identify how TVSCS can better address real-time and emergent needs of end-users better than competitors
- Proactive and self-motivated, have a keen eye for detail
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Highly collaborative with team orientation, Ability to handle ambiguity