Turtlemint - Senior Manager - Commercial/Procurement (7-10 yrs)
Turtlemint is one of the fastest growing insurance tech companies in India and is currently operating at a scale of over US$ 350m in premium generation per annum. Given this scale and growth, the company is ambitious eventually taking the company to IPO in a few years.
The Company is looking for a commercial / procurement manager to help with overseeing the costs base of the company across various vendor and partner relationship with the objective of driving cost savings for the company. The role demands that the candidate has played commercial / procurement roles in current role. The span of contracts will be wide ranging from (a) real estate transactions for branch offices (b) SAAS / tech tools that the teams use across the business (c) costs relating to managing a large field organization such as travel, accommodation partners, sales events (d) other vendor relationships.
The candidate is ideally someone with at least 10 years experience, having worked in financial services / insurance space in a commercial or procurement role having had experience in procurement of wide range of tech and other procurements. Ability to confidently interact on important issues relating to procurement with the founders, CXOs and investors of the company is important and hence strong communication skills is critical.
- To take ownership of cost base and vendor base of company. To own the vendor management process and system to ensure vendors onboarded are done so in a compliant manner, are best in class in the product or service offered and we have highly competitive commercial structures with them.
- To own the vendor contracting piece in partnership with business sponsor for the vendor, legal, compliance and finance teams.
- To lead commercial negotiations with all vendors to drive the best possible commercial outcome for the product or service procured
- Work closely with finance team in providing analysis of procurement costs, vendor wise forecasts of the costs to be incurred and in maximizing the credit period available for the company from the vendor.
- Engineering degree or other professional qualifications like CA or MBA.
- Relevant professional experience in commercial / Procurement is key.
- Should possess effective communication skills since the role involves co-ordination with various departments in the organisation and in effectively negotiating with the vendors
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn and take up new assignments. Be highly results oriented help in closing the arrangement with the vendors while securing best possible commercial outcomes.
- Should be flexible while working with deadlines and high pressure environment;
- Possess high levels of integrity and be a good team player