HR at Turtlemint
Views:273 Applications:64 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Turtlemint - Associate Director - Legal - Insurance (10-12 yrs)
The Turtlemint group comprises 3 legal entities - a tech company, an insurance broking company that is regulated by IRDAI and a mutual fund distribution company. Presently the legal function of the company is outsourced and the company wishes to build an in-house legal team as it plans its growth over the next few years. TM is one of the fastest growing insurance tech companies in India and is currently operating at a scale of over US$ 250m in premium generation per annum. Given this scale and growth, the company is ambitious eventually taking the company to IPO in a few years.
The role demands that the candidate has working knowledge of Insurance laws. The nature of work is wide ranging - covering Company law (in overseeing the secretarial functions of the 3 companies), Insurance law, securities laws (in overseeing the legal matters of the mutual fund entity), exchange control regulations (relating fund raising efforts of the companies), contract law (in entering into commercial contracts) and finally some litigation support for those one off legal cases that the company may come across.
The candidate is ideally someone with atleast 10 years experience, ideally having worked in insurance space with broad based experience in working on a wide range of issues. Ability to confidently interact on important issues with the founders, CXOs and investors of the company is important and hence strong communication skills is critical.
- Responsible for implementing & strengthening a robust and dependable compliance framework, reviewing the various operational, business & regulatory processes, IRDAI regulations & guidelines and identifying and addressing gaps. The candidate will work closely with the compliance team on these matters.
- To advise on various sector specific legal, operational & business matters, ethical and compliance issues.
- Build working relationships with key regulators as applicable so that the Group companies stay compliant and are able to respond to any regulator queries efficiently
- To work on various contracts relating to reinsurance, IT SaaS Agreements, Distribution and Marketing, Vendor Agreements, Leave & license and other third-party agreements etc.
- Litigation experience - in both strategy and working with litigation lawyers to address any issues effectively.
- Contracts covering various aspects of corporate legal - such as funding contracts
- Oversee all secretarial and SHA compliances for the company
- Prior experience of working in listed companies or in IPO process is desirable but not essential
- Law degree from a well-reputed university
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of leading a team
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude, proactive
- Reporting to Chief Financial Officer