Recruitment Specialist at Turing
Views:359 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Turing - Specialist - Talent Acquisition (2-4 yrs)
Talent Acquisition Specialist
About the company (Turing.com):
- Turing (www.turing.com) is based in Palo Alto, California, U.S.A., also known as - Silicon Valley. We connect exceptional software engineers from around the world to top U.S. and Silicon Valley companies that are hiring for remote software positions.100+ companies including those backed by Google Ventures, Andreessen, Founders Fund, Kleiner and Bloomberg have hired Turing developers.
- For more than 150,000 developers across 130 countries, Turing is the preferred freelancer platform for finding remote US software engineering jobs. Turing offers a wide range of long-term full time remote jobs for full stack development, web, mobile, backend, frontend, dev ops and AI/ML developers.
- Turing is backed by well-known investors like Facebook's first CTO (Adam D'Angelo), executives from Google, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, Founders Fund (investors in Facebook, Tesla, Asana etc). Turing is led by serial A.I. entrepreneurs Jonathan Siddharth and Vijay Krishnan, who's last A.I. firm leveraged remote talent and had a successful acquisition.
- The company was founded in 2018 and headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
About the Role:
- As Talent Acquisition Specialist at Turing, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Turing's rapidly expanding community of software engineering talent.
- Your work will help specialize and refine the screening and outreach strategy for software engineering experts around the world. You will be responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into the Turing platform. This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
Screening / Conducting interviews with engineering talent to:
1. Assess English communication skills (verbal and written)
2. Negotiating rates
3. Assess resumes, ensuring they meet Turing's standards
4. Keep a tight communication loop with software engineering candidates and maintaining relationships with high-quality engineering talent.
5. Keeping candidates- info updated in Turing's platform,
6. Providing feedback and following up with candidates.
7. Monitor, audit, and grow Turing's engineering pipeline.
8. Working with the Vetting Operations team to refine Turing's outreach strategy and vetting process.
9. Identify, reach-out, and attract relevant professionals to drive the strategic growth of Turing's engineering pipeline by working closely with engineering, sales, and matching teams to prioritize sourcing strategy.
1. Experience in talent support roles is essential
2. Customer service experience and or HR experience.
3. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
4. Hungry for career growth
Hours: Must be willing to work in South Asian time zones. Most of our engineers are from South America, Europe, Africa, and South Asia. In order to get on calls with them, they'd need to be able to work between UTC-5 to UTC+5. Calls usually happen between 3:30 PM - 00:30 am in Indian Timings
Nice to have:
1. At least 2 years of experience sourcing or recruiting technical talent with a proven track record of success. Knowledge and experience of the recruiting cycle.
2. Engineering Degree preferred
3. Previous remote working experience
4. An eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between highly-skilled developers and average talent.
5. Formal or informal experience teaching English preferred
1. Great English speaker:
- The ability to assess other people's English communications skills
- The ability to express and communicate complex information clearly and effectively.
- The person would get on a video call, on-boarding engineers to the platform.
2. Persuasive and empathetic:
- Some engineers aren't completely sold on joining Turing yet, and so this person would need to explain the benefits of joining the Turing platform.
- This person would need to provide developer support over emails.
- Conflict resolution
- Create an inviting atmosphere, make the developer feel comfortable.
3. Can negotiate:
- If the engineer's salary ask is too high, the engineer would not be hired by us or our clients. Therefore, this person would need to set the right expectations for a win-win solution here.
- We have a negotiation script that recommends how much each person should be paid based on location, and the person can use this to negotiate.
4. Team Work:
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while keeping quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Problem solver and can easily identify areas of improvement
Salary up-to INR 9 LPA (depending upon the experience)