Tredence - Manager - Supply Chain Practice (8-13 yrs)
- Master's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Consulting/Supply Chain Analytics, with 6+ years of experience overall OR
- Graduate degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Consulting/Supply Chain Analytics, with 8+ years of experience overall.
- Primary Location: Bangalore, India.
- The Practice team is currently based in Bangalore, but we are open to candidates wanting to work out of our Chennai and NCR offices.
In this role, you will be engaging with Supply Chain Leaders across the globe to define the need for solutions where your primary focus is on growing the relationship with the client on one hand, while leading the delivery team to ensure high quality deliverables on a day-to-day basis on the other. You are the de-facto leader for all engagements undertaken with one or more prominent accounts. You should have complete command over the status of projects within the account and the ability to judge the need for you to roll-up your sleeves or lead the team by example.
As a Manager, you would be leading anywhere between 3-5 client engagements at a given point in time. These engagements would be of various nature - From a 4-6 week high intensity pilot to a 3-6 month full-scale solution implementation. You will be leading a team of highly motivated, energetic, and occasionally volatile(!) Analysts, Senior Analysts, Associate Managers and Engineers.
In this role you will have multiple career options to set as a goal for yourself which could range from being a Supply Chain Delivery Manager, Supply Chain Process Consultant or a Supply Chain Solution Architect. This will depend on your inclination as well as your expertise in the mix of Supply Chain domain knowledge and analytical, statistical, and technical skills.
Expectations from You:
Overall, your role would require a mix of expertise in various proportions depending on the nature of the problem in hand to make ourselves an indispensable thought and solution partner for our clients. Thus, a Manager should have :
- A good process consulting mindset to understand the roots of the problem and complexity of the solution to be built
- An analytical mindset to be able to leverage data to build relevant solutions
- A technical mindset to be able to give a sustainable and scalable and client-self-serve design to the solution
- A program management mindset to enable the last mile delivery of the solution to ensure adoption of the solution in the smoothest possible manner
- A product management mindto design and develop repeatable solution assets.
- And, a growth mindset to train and grow your teams and develop them into strong professionals.
- In terms of Supply Chain Domain Knowledge
- You must possess an in-depth understanding of a few functions within Supply chain (e.g. procurement, transportation etc.) and must be capable of holding independent conversations with the clients, driving conversations through clear communication of your factual opinions on the above-mentioned area(s) of your expertise.
- You must possess a wide exposure to functions across the SC value chain: Procurement / Inbound Logistics / Production / Inventory and Demand Planning / Outbound Logistics / Retailing
- You might have to develop a good understanding or working knowledge of various modules of Supply Chain solutions and software to be able to have a meaningful conversation with the clients, in their ownlanguage.
- In terms of Supply Chain Analytical skills
- You should be comfortable designing and building repeatable tools / data-models to solve specific business problems
- You should be comfortable leading your team of Analysts, Senior Analysts, Engineers and Associate Managers, who would be working on:
- Excel / SQL /Alteryx or similar platforms for data processing
- R/Python for logic building
- Tableau / PowerBI or similar platforms for Data Visualization
- You should be comfortable with concepts of applied mathematics and statistics which might be required to build a foolproof solution.
In terms of Thought Leadership
- For Thought Leadership you will be encouraged to explore a wide array of research in terms of what are the competencies pertaining to the latest trends in the industry.
- You will have an opportunity to research & publish voracious content, that could come out in the form of a whitepaper, blog, case studies, campaign message or an innovative idea/product/ solution.
- In terms of P&L Ownership
- You are expected to influence a revenue generation activity to closure through the entire cycle from research and content generation to client engagement in workshops and discussions.
- You will be encouraged and coached on managing the book of revenues and costs in the accounts that you lead - scoping, sizing, resourcing and execution management, keeping the P&L in mind. You will also be coached to achieve revenue growth in the accounts through active business development exercises such as and not limited to, white paper, pre-sales content, Point Of View, drafting and designing a commercial model for engagement and face-to-face client interactions for new sales.
- In terms of Team Leadership
- We are at a crucial juncture of our journey where we are constantly punching above our weight and growing at a fast rate, which means hiring and developing skills to match this need. This means that you will be required to communicate the mission, vision and goals of the practice clearly and consistently with your team. You should engage and support the team concerning their career aspirations, skills, knowledge, and work performance.
- Have the ability to assign key tasks through awareness and understanding of the team's skills, expertise & tools.
- You should be able to take responsibility for your team's performance as well as your own and provide constructive solutions that focus on moving forward.
- You are expected to have an inquisitive mind and eye to be able to analyze the situation to make better decisions. Evaluate a given circumstance (technology/domain expertise), collect the necessary information, make comparisons to help the organization, team, stakeholders and customers.
- You should be able to moderate a process of forging an agreement between two or more parties - team members, peers, onsite members, clients, etc. that is mutually acceptable.
- You are required to understand or feel what other people are experiencing by putting yourself in their shoes and when required, lead to transform than to dominate, ensuring to recognize the contribution and efforts of the team.
What's in it for you:
- A tremendously impactful role that provides an opportunity to grow and be a part of the Supply Chain Practice Leadership team while interfacing with global supply chain leaders from various large organizations
- Independence and ownership in design, execution, and P&L of your projects and account
- An opportunity to carve out a unique role that harnesses and grows your abilities as a thought leader and as an operational leader
- Work in an organization where the bar for talent, hunger for good work and aspiration for growth is very high - a place which will challenge as well as energize you
- Work with peers who are the best in Industry - People like you!
- Opportunity to exceed targets and be rewarded handsomely for it