Talent Acquisition at Tredence Analytics
Views:3527 Applications:364 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:364
Tredence - Manager - Analytics - Data Science Team (7-10 yrs)
You will be handling a team and will be part of the Data Science team working across cross-functional groups supporting strategic business decisions with insight into OUR lines of service, customers and products.
The role will include playing an active role in facilitating data usability, data standardisation and user acceptance testing initiatives; development and deployment of standard and non-standard metrics; creating analytical solutions.
You will leverage your technical skills, business acumen, and creativity to extract and analyse massive data sets, build analytics-ready datasets to surface insights and key business metrics, contribute to metadata that improves data usability, and much more. The ideal candidate is deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of thinking independently and people oriented.
- Possesses strong analytical/logical thinking and communication skills
- Collaborate with the data warehousing team, ensuring that data infrastructure supports the needs of OUR analytics team and validating data quality
- Coordinate with business planners and decision makers to translate business questions into verifiable hypothesis and data models
- Develop clear, concise, actionable models and recommendations from mountains of data - Advocate for exploration of interesting data anomalies or patterns that may provide more explanatory detail about customer behaviours or predictive value to the business
- Partner closely with business and technical teams to understand their project objectives and provide data-driven solutions and recommendations
- Design and develop data preparation components and processes that extract and transform data across disparate databases for reporting and analytics, ensuring integrity of analysis data by developing the requirement specifications and assisting the development and testing of data tables
- Ensures solutions are scalable, repeatable, efficient and effective
- Work hands-on on various analytics problems and provide thought leadership on problems that we are working on
- Interact with onsite team as well as client on daily/weekly basis to gather requirements/provide updates
- Be involved in the development of the company through pre-sales/operational support
- 7-8 years of database experience with advanced SQL skills; experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets (both distributed and non-distributed); Hadoop experience essential
- should have experience towards leading team
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Scala
- Experience working with complex analytical tools, such as SAS or R
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau/Spot fire/Qlikview
- Experience in statistical techniques such as Regression, Clustering & Time Series Forecasting, etc.
- Proven ability to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking and problemsolving skills to create new data models
- Strong understanding with data infrastructure, data warehouse, or data engineering
- Coordinate with business planners and decision makers to translate business questions into verifiable data models and hypothesis
- Work with engineers to develop, test, and maintain the accurate tracking, capturing and reporting of key data
- Knows MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Bachelors in Engineering or Masters in Statistics/Economics