HR at TransUnion CIBIL
Views:477 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
TransUnion CIBIL - Legal Manager - Litigation - LLB/LLM (7-9 yrs)
No. of yrs. Experience : 7 -9 years (7 yrs will also suffice)
- Experience in handling litigation, court cases, resolved company disputes, consumer disputes, appointing in - house lawyers and meeting them, coordinating with them, at times visiting courts when required.
- Knowledge of Banking laws, RBI, CICR Act.
- Will be reporting to AVP - Legal.
- 8 member team at TU CIBIL for Legal.
- Legal (LLB or LLM) candidate required.
Role Summary : Manager- Legal with 7-9 years PQE, with in-depth experience in handling litigations. Ensuring compliance by TU CIBIL with the directions of the RBI, the CICR Act and under other existing laws governing it.-
Role & Responsibilities :
- To handle end-to-end Litigation matters for the Company with respect to Suits filed by and/ or against the Company in various forums.
- To work along with the Seniorsseniors to develop litigation strategies for the Company such that risks that the Company is exposed to are minimized.
- Analysis of legal notices and ensuring timely and appropriate responses thereto.
- Attend to and draft suitable responses to various complaints / suits filed in various forums/courts.
- Follow up with lawyers regarding court cases to ensure timely filing of reply therein and expeditious closure.
- Keep track of lawyer engagements; settlement of their fee bills etc.
- Build strong working relationships with impanelled lawyers.
- Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Drafting legal correspondence, collating information and responding to legal issues related to government bodies, vendors, customers and employees
- Ensuring compliance by TU CIBIL with the directions of the RBI, the CICR Act and all other legislation/guidelines/statutory directions governing it;
- Continuously scanning TU CIBIL environment for any unforeseen / unintended lapses and informing to immediate senior
- Ensure that all litigation matters are duly updated in the Litigation Systems such that adequate and appropriate representation is provided for each suit.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the immediate senior and/or HOD.
- Graduate in law from a reputed Institute.
- 7 - 9 years of post-qualification experience with a reputed medium / large company/bank or in a law firm with specific experience in dealing with all types of litigation matters;
- Ability to analyze legal risks and identify mitigants
- Superior drafting skills.
Skills and Competencies Required :
- Should have in-depth experience in handling litigations.
- Good command over English and deep understanding of various Acts & Rules.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Ability to understand issues from the business perspective and to balance them with legal requirements.
- Should have a thorough understanding of various statutes and regulatory framework both on legal and compliance
- Highly ethical, fair, proactive, self-motivated and solution-oriented person.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Adept to work in changing the environment.
- Dynamic and have experience in handling large volumes.