Senior Account Manager at Etaash Consultants
Views:1709 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Transaction Tax/M&A Tax Role - CA (3-5 yrs)
Job Description/ Position Summary-
The Transaction Tax group advises Indian business houses and multinational corporations of all sizes on the tax and regulatory aspects of planning, structuring, and executing transactions of diverse nature and magnitude. As part of this group, you will analyze proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits, advise clients on tax and regulatory efficient restructurings, interpret complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate transactions, perform financial analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions, assist clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, conduct buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence and prepare deliverables for the client reporting.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
1. Involved in drafting and reviewing deliverables such as reports, proposals, advices, opinions, emails, presentations for clients prepared by consultants / interns.
2. Identification of the available restructuring options based on understanding of the commercial objectives of the proposed reorganization being contemplated by the management.
3. Undertaking detailed fiscal and regulatory review of the proposed reorganization - this would involve evaluation of the various direct tax, company law, SEBI, FEMA, stamp duty, accounting and commercial implications of the available options.
4. Review of transaction documents such as business transfer agreement, share purchase agreement and the scheme of arrangement to be filed with the High Court and related documents such as shareholder resolutions, notices, petitions, explanatory statement etc from tax and regulatory perspective.
5. Responsible for identifying and highlighting issues involved in various engagements and present potential solutions.
6. Execute work for multiple clients, assume near independent responsibility for the clients, develop rapport with lower / middle levels of client management and respond to client queries in a timely manner.
7. Support in pitching for new clients - undertaking a detailed study to identify possible restructuring ideas/ opportunities.
8. Shadow Managers / Sr Managers in client meetings.
9. Supporting the team in managing an engagement efficiently and productively, by planning time and cost budgets, reporting time conflicts to Managers/Sr Managers, contributing to improving internal systems and processes and timelines of billing and collection.
10. Guide / mentor the juniors in terms of role expectations and acts as a communication channel in resolving people related issues, identifies potential people issues for group of junior colleagues, inspires and motivates them.
11. Assist in knowledge management - contribute information to knowledge sharing tools, share knowledge and experience via formal and informal methods.
12. Build internal networks to understand service line offerings and highlight potential opportunities to the team.
2 Qualifications and Experience: Qualification - Chartered Accountant(preferably first attempt) Experience - 2.5 + years of relevant post qualification experience (direct tax, SEBI, FEMA, Companies Act, Stamp duty laws, Competition Act etc)in Big 4/medium sized professional consultancy firms. Essential Skills/Knowledge Required:
1. Excellent communication skills [written and oral]
2. Strong interpersonal skills
3. Strong research and referencing ability
4. Strong analytical ability and an eye for details
5. Proficient in word, excel, power point, lotus notes, etc.
6. Ability to work under pressure
7. Ability to handle multiple assignments
8. Team player
9. Strong Technical base in the area of operation (Direct Tax, Companies Act, SEBI, FEMA, Stamp Duty laws etc)
10. Commercial awareness - Economy, Industry Knowledge and Trends
11. Awareness of client's business
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.