Business Manager - TA at IRIS Corporate Solutions Pvt Ltd
Views:3994 Applications:98 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Transaction Manager - BFSI (5-7 yrs)
Job Purpose :
(Briefly describe the general purpose of the position or its significance from the organisation's point of view and how it contributes to the overall mission/objective of the organization).
- To Independently manage a part of the balance sheet of the company by managing portfolio of loan assets & relationships
- To be part of the team that originates new business and carries out detailed appraisal and due diligence of the project/proposal (Technical/Financial/Legal/Regulatory etc) and prepares a customized Appraisal Note on case by case basis and make a convincing pitch of the proposal to the Top Management and the Investment and Credit Committee
Principal Accountabilities :
Business Development / Deal Origination :
Support acquisition of new business from existing Client groups by active engagement, research & sector tracking and provide support to offer clients customized solutions for their financial requirements
Credit Appraisal and Due diligence :
The role requires Assistant Manager to execute a transaction by carrying out a detailed appraisal and due diligence of the project/proposal (Technical/Financial/Legal/Regulatory etc) and prepare a customized Appraisal Note on case by case basis (across sectors), convince Risk (by identifying the Risk and the respective mitigations pertaining to the proposal) and Legal team and make a convincing pitch of the proposal to the Top Management and the Investment and Credit Committee. Considering the long time horizon of infrastructure projects (- 30 years) and long tenure of infrastructure facilities (- 15 years), an Assistant Manager should have capability to understand long sectoral trends and structure the transactions accordingly under the guidance of Senior Manager and above.
The process includes steps such as Promoter Analysis, Reference Check of Borrower / Promoter / Sponsor, Market Research & Sector Analysis, Regulatory Risk analysis, Financial Modeling and Analysis, Contract Evaluation, Development of Risk & Mitigation Matrix, SWOT analysis, Term sheet preparation and support in negotiation and Recommendation and Presentation of proposal to Investment Committee
Closure of Financing document :
An Assistant Manager is expected to prepare the draft legal/commercial/contractual document independently and participate in negotiation with the client, Owner's Legal Counsel and internal legal department under the supervision and guidance of Senior
Manager for successful closure of the legal documents.
Post sanction of the proposal and issue of Sanction Letter, Coordinate and close transactions & related documents with Internal department such as Legal, Risk, Compliance, Accounts and external entities such as banks, legal counsel, and clients by performing following responsibilities:
- Preparation, Discussion, and Closure of Transaction/Finance Document
- Appointment of Lenders Consultant (Lenders Engineer, Lenders Insurance Agent, Lenders Legal Counsel) for Evaluation of Project document etc. and Checking of Insurance Policy
- Compliance of all Pre-Commitment condition and Pre-disbursement Condition
- Complete the process of security creation and perfection, compliance, and disbursement
Portfolio Management :
Post signing of the - Financing Document-, active monitoring of the project on a continuous basis with regular engagement/ interaction with External stakeholders viz. Client, Owners Engineer, Lenders Consultant, Financial Institutions and Internal stakeholders viz. Risk and Asset Management, Accounts, and Legal team.
- Collection of receivables and TDS Certificates
- Actively tracking client performance
- Management of stressed assets
- Ensure compliance of covenants
- Site Visit
- Regular meeting with all the stakeholders
- Regular review of periodic reports prepared by Lenders Engineer, Lenders Insurance Agent, submitted by the Developer
8. Regular interaction with other Lenders (Financial Institution who are co-lender or lent for other projects) to keep a tap on financial health of the Borrower, Payment track record and rating maintained by other financial institution
Financial Dimensions :
(These should be quantifiable numerical amounts like annual budgets, project costs, annual revenue, purchase value etc.).
- Portfolio Management, Revenue and Profit:- Managing a portfolio of ~ 5 - 7 clients with total portfolio size of ~Rs 300 - 500 Crore. This would yield a revenue and PAT of ~ Rs 50 Crore and ~ Rs 12 Crore respectively.
Disbursement : Responsible for disbursement target of ~ Rs 500 Crore per annum based on regional business plan. Sanction (Business Pipeline):- Responsible for sanctioning new loans of Rs 1,000 Crore - 1,500 Crore per annum with ticket size ranging from Rs 100 Crore - Rs 400 Crore.
Fee Based Income : Responsible for achieving fee based income (cross selling):- Rs 2 Crore- 4 Crore per annum.
Portfolio Quality : Ensure balance between disbursement/asset growth target and portfolio quality above particular rating levels and managing stress and non performing assets below acceptable level.
Other Dimensions :
- Number of credit analysis per year
- Initial Screening (Go-No Go) : 25 deals
- Basic Analysis (Flash/Brief Note to Credit Committee): 10-12 deals o Detailed Appraisal:- 5 - 8 deals
- Handle existing relationship with ~ 5 - 7 client group.
Educational Qualifications and Experience :
- MBA/CA with minimum 2 years pre/ post MBA experience preferably in Finance Sector
- In-depth understanding of Project Finance concepts, Public private Partnership (PPP) model and associated risks o Ability to prepare Financial Model
- Basic Sector knowledge in key infrastructure sectors (Power - Generation and T&D, Roads, Ports, Telecom, Construction, Urban Infrastructure)
- Basic understanding of key Acts/Regulations/Order
- Basic understanding of legal aspects in banking
Communication Skills :
- Ability to communicate effectively/persuasively the funding rationale to Senior Management and Investment & Credit Committee
- Ability to interact and manage client relationship at various level (Promoter, Finance, Accounts, Legal, Technical and Operations etc) in order to gain in-depth understanding of client's business, financial and operational performance and successfully close the transaction
- Ability to interact with professionals in various fields (Legal - Internal, Client side and external legal counsel for Documentations/Contracts/Litigations, Technical Experts in various sectors, Finance - Consultants and Client side, Compliance & Regulatory - Internal and Client side) and resolve differences/views with guidance from Senior Manager and above to achieve faster deal closure
Managerial Skills :
- Ability to handle multiple transactions across sectors and at various stages of appraisal and ensuring quality of appraisal and knowledge transfer to peers
Interested candidates please email your updated CV along with CTC details or recommend your friends for the said position.
Contact no - 0124-4402455
Practice Head - BFSI Domain
IRIS Corporate Solutions Pvt Ltd
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.