Talent Acquisition at Trafigura Global Services Pvt Ltd
Views:505 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Trafigura - Social Performance Manager (5-12 yrs)
Main Purpose of Role :
- To support Trafigura's approach to respecting relevant human rights in corporate strategy, decision-making, day-to-day operations and external reporting and play a key role in driving the company's social performance and reputation with stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Candidates will preferably have at least five years- work experience with the following :
- Graduate qualification, with degree or post-graduate education in relevant disciplines (including environmental and/or social science, human rights, natural resource management etc.) an advantage.
- Demonstrated extractive and/or infrastructure sector knowledge gained through industry, financial institution or consultancy roles.
- Experience of managing and/or delivering social performance to international standards, notably IFC Performance Standards, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, ICMM Principles and ILO labour standards.
- Experience of researching, designing and supporting the implementation of social performance activities.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills.
- High degree of fluency in written and spoken English is essential; a second language (Chinese, French or Spanish) preferred.
- Analytical, highly detail orientated and organised
- Commercial and collaborative mindset; team-oriented
Key Responsibilities :
Policy and framework development :
- Analysing voluntary industry-based tools, frameworks and standards with a view to refining Trafigura's human rights policy, approach and / or adopting such tools as applicable.
- Liaising with Compliance and Legal departments with a specific focus on regulatory developments to ensure that Trafigura's policy framework and implementation procedures correspond fully to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Continually assessing the potential for direct and indirect human rights impacts across all investments, relationships and activities.
- Supporting decision-making / actions to mitigate risk as applicable, such as through the enhancement of existing diligence mechanisms or the development of new tools.
- Enhancing Trafigura's grievance management system and providing support to colleagues when reviewing and responding to complaints and grievances to promote due process and ensure access to response and/or remedy.
- Supporting colleagues, such as those responsible for Health, Safety, Environment and Communities (HSEC) in responding to, investigating and providing remedy for incidents of any nature where the rights and freedoms of people may have been negatively impacted.
- Supporting the development and refinement of KPIs to enhance human rights performance across Group.
- Developing and enhancing training for staff, service providers, as well as upstream and downstream counterparts as applicable relevant to enhancing respect for human rights and improving social performance.
- Coordinating Trafigura's annual human rights reporting process including in response to modern slavery act reporting requirements in the UK, Australia and elsewhere e.g. EU and Switzerland.
Stakeholder Engagement :
- Liaising with inter-governmental and multi-lateral organisations, industry associations, civil society, academics and appointed third party services providers to underpin a leading human rights practice.
Key Relationships :
- Corporate Affairs department
- Health, Safety, Environment and Communities personnel
- Compliance department
- Legal department
- Human resources
- Trafigura Group subsidiaries such as Nyrstar, Impala and Trafigura Mining Group
- Intergovernmental organisations
- Multi-lateral organisations
- Industry associations