Trafigura - Senior Freight Operator - Impala (3-5 yrs)
Founded in 1993, the Trafigura Group has become one of the world's leading independent commodity traders, specializing in the oil, minerals and metals markets. Primary trading activities are the supply and transport of oil and petroleum products and metals and minerals. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets including global oil products distribution company Puma Energy; joint venture company DT Group; global terminals operator Impala; Trafigura's Mining Group and Galena Asset Management. The Trafigura Group is owned by 600 of its 5,600 employees who work in 36 countries around the world. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Impala Terminals, a wholly owned subsidiary of global commodity trading firm Trafigura, is an owner and operator of ports, terminals and multi modal logistics chains in export driven emerging markets. It currently employs over 2,100 people worldwide and has world class experience that extends through non-ferrous concentrates, refined metals, iron ore, coal sectors, oil and oil products, general cargo and container businesses. Impala has over 25 terminal sites worldwide and operates in over 20 countries across China, Europe, Middle East, Africa, the US and Latin America, with over 1.3million m2 of storage capacity.
Main Purpose :
- Back office documentation coordination (cargo manifests, BL drafts, custom requirements, sales and purchase invoicing, Navitrans entries, IMO/Hazardous Cargo declarations)
- Customer relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders
- Management of a small team
- Handle container import/export/cross-trade transports, including administration
- Support functions with rate negotiations, new customer development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Knowledge : Container import/export/cross-trade shipments, in-depth understanding of international trade terms, knowledge of customs clearance formalities.
- Network of shipping line contacts. Few local customers (preferred, not mandatory)
- Good notions of international trade and warehousing-terminal activities.
- Bachelor/PG degree, preferably Logistics Management or similar.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Freight Forwarding, Customer Service / Pricing functions / team management
- Fluent in spoken and written English, other Indian / Foreign languages an advantage
- Punctual, team player, process oriented, organized and methodical with work.
- Open mentality : No 9 to 5 attitude.
- Eager to learn
- Able to work with MS Office 2010, and ability to operate our in-house software system after training.
Key Responsibilities :
- Handle files from A through Z:
- Provide complete support on back-end functions to Freight Operators.
- Co-ordination with carriers, warehouses, suppliers, customers and internal teams
- Update shipment tracker data and send to customers on daily basis
- Filing / record keeping of all shipment related documentation.
- Complete system booking of costs and revenues.
- Management of a small logistics team
Other support functions :
- Arrange international container transports
- Arrange customs clearance
- Negotiate rates with shipping lines
- Prospect for new business and customers
Key External Relationships :
- Customers (Predominantly international traders specialized in non-ferrous metals)
- Shipping lines / Agents
- Customs brokers
Key Internal Relationships :
- Commercial Manager
- Finance and treasury team