Trafigura - Senior Credit Analyst (2-5 yrs)
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 3,935 employees who work in 62 offices in 35 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
You can find out more about us on https://www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on https://www.trafigura.com/Mumbai
Department: Credit Risk Management
(1) Credit Analysis: Assess and propose internal credit limit appetite and assign internal credit ratings for Trafigura's global counterparts through business, financial and industrial risk assessment.
(2) Credit Administration: Manage credit limits through central data systems and monitor exposures to ensure credit compliance. Other credit administration work as defined at a later date.
(3) Credit Management: Track market developments and assess real time credit requests on allocated names the credit portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience: 2-4 years credit analysis experience in a financial institution or similar experience on corporate side.
- Handled mid and large corporate clients
- Qualification: MBA/ CA/CFA (Mandatory)
- Mature individual with an ability to assimilate lots of information, think clearly and make presentations in a clear and concise manner; Reliable and thorough, detail-oriented; hard working and flexible; responsible, confident and effective communicator; Able to work independently.
- Excel and Word/Outlook competent
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
- Counterparty research, such as company background, business, management, ratings, markets and news items
- Financial analysis
- Follow recent industry developments such as earnings, news releases, change in credit ratings, etc.
- Trade analysis to assess risk and limit requirements
- Recommending internal credit limits for counterparties
- Management of various credit systems
- Management and assessment of credit exposures for compliance with internal limits
- Global Credit team, Deals Management, Physical/Derivative Traders, Operators, Finance Dept.
- Manager at TGS
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.