Trafigura - Senior Analyst - Global Payroll (3-6 yrs)
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports, and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil & refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining group; and Galena Assets Management.
The company is owned by over 700 of its 8,000 employees who work in 80 offices and 41 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD 12 billion in 2003 to USD 147 billion in 2020. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle. The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Main Purpose :
The HRSS Payroll Senior Analyst will singularly own and drive the entire gamut of HR activities for specific countries/regions where Trafigura has its businesses. He/she will be the HR face of the organization and drive all people initiatives in line with Trafigura's people policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in International Payroll Accounting/Payroll/HR Operations domain
- Strong knowledge and understanding of payroll processes, reconciliation and HR operations
- Proven track record in handling global stake holders managing
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in MS Excel required
- Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., reconciling data, ensuring accuracy of data)
- Inductive and articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve HR process issues with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels
- Solutions focussed
- Ability to manage stakeholders as a business partner with a strong sense of urgency
Key Responsibilities :
- Own and manage end to end Payroll Operations for a specific country/region
- Proactively identify gaps during reconciliation and identify preventive/curative measures to resolve
- Drive controls to create governance mechanism
- Act as single point of contact for any and all payroll related escalations and stakeholder queries
- Create and amend any and all process documents pertaining to HR Operations/Payroll/Audits et all
- Drive local compliance initiatives with in-country resources
- Own and drive any and all process improvement initiatives for respective countries/regions
- Act as HR Partner to local management and build effective professional relationships
- Provide HR counsel and a range of generalist services to the organization within HR Operations
- Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying people tools, policies and procedures
- Ability to run end to end employee operations under Trafigura's Shared Services environment
- Ensure HR systems are updated with new hires, leavers and role/position changes
- Ability to read and comprehend contracts/documents and make logical assessments
- Responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding of all employees
- Group Accounting; Local HR teams for Trafigura; Payroll and Benefits Vendors; Employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.