Trafigura - Senior Analyst - Credit Risk (2-4 yrs)
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. At the heart of global supply, Trafigura connects the world with the vital resources it needs. Through our Oil & Petroleum Products, Metals and Minerals, and Power and Renewables divisions, we deploy infrastructure, skills and a global network to move commodities from where they are plentiful to where they are needed most, forming strong relationships that make supply chains more efficient, secure and sustainable.
Trafigura also owns and operates a number of industrial assets including a majority share of global multi-metals producer Nyrstar and fuel storage and distribution company Puma Energy; and joint ventures Impala Terminals, a port and logistics provider, and Nala Renewables, a power and renewable energy investment and development platform. With over 1,000 shareholders, Trafigura is owned by its employees and employs over 13,000 people working in 48 countries. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD 12 billion in 2003 to USD 231 billion in 2021. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle. The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
(1.) Credit Analysis : Assess and propose internal credit limit appetite and assign internal credit ratings for Trafigura's global counterparts through business, financial and industrial risk assessment.
(2.) Credit Administration : Manage credit limits through central data systems and monitor exposures to ensure credit compliance. Other credit administration work as defined at a later date.
(3.) Credit Management : Track market developments and assess real time credit requests on allocated names the credit portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Experience : 2-4 years credit analysis experience in a financial institution or similar experience on corporate side.
- Handled mid and large corporate clients
- Qualification : MBA/ CA/CFA (Mandatory)
- Mature individual with an ability to assimilate lots of information, think clearly and make presentations in a clear and concise manner; Reliable and thorough, detail-oriented; hard working and flexible; responsible, confident and effective communicator; Able to work independently.
- Excel and Word/Outlook competent
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
Key Responsibilities :
- Counterparty research, such as company background, business, management, ratings, markets and news items
- Financial analysis
- Follow recent industry developments such as earnings, news releases, change in credit ratings, etc.
- Trade analysis to assess risk and limit requirements
- Recommending internal credit limits for counterparties
- Management of various credit systems
- Management and assessment of credit exposures for compliance with internal limits
Key Relationships :
- Global Credit team, Deals Management, Physical/Derivative Traders, Operators, Finance Dept.
Reporting Structure :
- Manager at TGS
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.