Talent Acquisition at Trafigura Global Services Pvt Ltd
Views:3703 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Trafigura - Senior Analyst - Accounting (5-7 yrs)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with strong accounting and balance sheet management experience
- Understanding of IFRS standards
- Business minded orientated is a plus
- Demonstrable numeracy Skills
- Prior experience in corporation tax practices and accounting
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Microsoft Office proficient
- It's an Individual contributor role and no people will be reporting to this position
A. General Accounting & Business Controlling
- Is in charge of accounting matters including posting journals, posting accruals, reviewing depreciation, General Ledger Scrutiny ensuring JV accounts are appropriately prepared and reported on periodic basis including year-end statutory audit.
- Ensure bank account reconciliation and allocation are done
- Prepare financial reports such as:
a. Balance Sheet,
b. Account Consolidation,
c. T tables,
d. Consolidation of Tangible and Intangible
e. Review and maintain Assets Debtor and Creditor lists.
- Keep control of such legal books and records of accounts as: General Ledger, Sales Records, Purchases Records, Inventory, Annual affixing of the required tax stamps to books.
- Report monthly/ periodic results in HFM (Reporting Tool for global consolidation)
- Prepare monthly HHT financial statements
- Presentation, discussion and agreement with JV partners on financials
- Business Performance Reporting for Business Heads/ Management on monthly basis
B. Specific Operations Responsibilities attached with the role :
- Create, update & maintain voyage information in the IMOS system, as instructed by Shipping Management Team
- Issue freight invoices in accordance with terms and conditions of COAs and Charter Parties
- Issue invoices for time charter hire for vessels chartered out, in accordance with terms and conditions of Charter Parties
- Monitor collection and perform AR control for invoices issued in coordination with Supply Treasury and report to Shipping Management Team
- Check supplier invoices and Final port disbursements against supplier agreements and tariffs, plus actual events
- Process supplier invoices and port disbursements through IMOS and coordinate with Supply Treasury for payment
- Timely update and maintenance of estimates and actual income and cost in IMOS
- Perform quarterly voyage reconciliations, including resolving open issues to ensure closing of voyages within the target time
C. Tax - Accounting, Reporting & Working Capital
- Ensure compliance to Corporate Tax & Indirect Taxes (VAT etc.,) returns and necessary compliance are adhered to (e.g., WHT, petroleum tax, local taxes as relevant)
- Accurately review of monthly tax computations & ensure HFM validation as per agreed deadline in respect of monthly financial reporting.
- Reconcile the monthly tax balances as per HFM with statement of accounts from the Revenue Authorities.
D. Audit Review
- Support independent audits; provide all necessary information for compliance on deadlines. Work closely with independent auditors during and preparing schedules for the annual audit.
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Report including financial statements, notes, supporting schedules, transmittal letter and statistical information.
- Chief Accountant and Rest of the Accounting & Operations Team
- Global Business Heads & Operations Head