Trafigura - Concentrates Operations Role - Non-Ferrous (1-3 yrs)
Company Brief :
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities business.
Trafigura Global Services Pvt. Ltd. (TGS) is the Global In-house Centre (GIC) for Trafigura, one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
Founded in 1993, the company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Department : Non-Ferrous Concentrates Operations
Main Purpose : To monitor, manage and coordinate the execution of business for concentrates trading department
Key Responsibilities :
- The Operations department is responsible for the entire execution of the trade once the commercial terms are agreed by the traders with our counterparties.
- The Operations team is required to implement the deal and be the face of the company to all our counterparties with the support of the various internal and external stakeholders and service providers.
- Ability to handle voluminous data entry and analysis in our upcoming ERP system in order to assist the senior Operators in their day to day role.
- Organize bulk, container, truck shipments of concentrates: cargo packing, cargo loading, cargo discharge, transportation itself, transshipment, storage
- Organize insurance of the cargo during transportation and storage
- Prepare and submit commercial cargo invoices to Receivers/Suppliers, organize settlement of invoices in coordination with Trade Finance, manage cash exposures with Counterparties, control/report credit exposure with Counterparties
- Work with service providers - forwarders, shipping agents, warehouses, surveyors: screening locations, preparing service agreements, arranging payments for services, controlling quality of services
- Organize operations for weighting, sampling and assaying of concentrates cargos. Dealing with surveyors and laboratories, understanding facilities on the ground for weighting and sampling procedures.
- Organizing hedging of price exposure on concentrates shipments.
- Handling data entry in the system, working with exposure, cargo reports.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
- Engineering/International Business/Business Management: University Degree or Advanced Student
- Numerical skills and Logical thinking
- Proactive and Hard working
- Languages: Fluent English
Reporting Structure :
- Reporting to Concs Operations Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.