Trafigura - Coal Operator (2-5 yrs)
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities business.
Trafigura Global Services Pvt. Ltd. (TGS) is the Global In-house Centre (GIC) for Trafigura, one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
Founded in 1993, the company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD98.1 billion in 2016. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Trafigura has been trading coal actively since 2009. We regularly ship US, Colombian, South African, Indonesian and Australian coal to the majority of coal importing regions.
Since 2013 we have shipped [insert tons to India / Pakistan].
The global coal team is made up of approximately 30 Traders and 25 operators located mainly in the US, China, Switzerland, Indonesia and Singapore.
Coal Operators are responsible for all aspects of executing physical shipments from trade execution through to trade completion. Responsibilities include but are not limited to logistics, contract administration, settlement, and risk mitigation covering coal shipments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities -
- BE/MBA degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Finance or a related subject. 3 - 5 years- experience in the coal/logistics industry preferred.
- Fluent English essential as daily contact with traders and internal departments is conducted in English.
- Strong communication skills required as daily contact with international internal departments and customers/service providers throughout varying geographical areas is needed to conduct daily operations.
- Solid analytical capabilities, including the ability to summarize complex logistical issues and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity in written or oral form.
- Accurate and efficient working style with good attention to detail to complete the daily processes
- Ability to be flexible with working hours in the event of deadlines and work well under pressure
- Open personality with energy and drive
- IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Written and verbal daily contact with suppliers, receivers and service providers
- Co-ordinating the shipments with our customers
- Preparation, verification, and handling of all shipping documents
- Invoicing while observing and maintaining payments terms (Holding Certificates, CAD, Letters of Credit, Bank collections, Open Account etc)
- Checking and arranging payments
- Insuring cargoes while observing incoterms
- Arranging for inspection, sampling, assaying and umpires of cargoes as per contractual terms.
- Organization and coordination of shipments through direct contact with various Trafigura offices
- Upkeep and maintenance of Trafigura's coal risk capture/coal operations system (Pluto)
- Maintenance of multiple reports including Credit Exposure reports and Logistics reports.
Key Internal Relationships
- Trade Finance and Credit Departments
- IT/ Developers
- Weighing and Sampling Department
- Treasury Department
- Deals Desk (Risk and Market Analysis Department)
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.