Talent Acquisition at Trafigura Global Services Pvt Ltd
Views:773 Applications:156 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Trafigura - Analyst - Trade Finance (1-6 yrs)
Main Purpose :
- To provide efficient finance operations and risk management for our international oil trading activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- 1 - 6 years within a Trading Company / Financial institution having gained a basic understanding of the principles surrounding Trade Finance instruments and their pitfalls would be desirable
- Well-organized and pro-active, excellent communication skills, strong coordinating skills, able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and the ability to think in a highly logical and critical fashion
- Highly diligent and sharp eye for attention to details
- Able to take initiative and not only work to, but also set their own quickly changing deadlines
- A team player, who is able to confidentially adapt their interpersonal approach as the situation demands, able to build strong relations both inter-departmentally and with external stakeholders
- An individual who is not only comfortable but thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent spoken and written English
Key Responsibilities :
- Issuance of L/C's or Bank Guarantees for our purchases of Crude and Oil Products including negotiation with banks in order to place transactions under bilateral facilities.
- Liaising with Bilateral financing bank for financing requirement of specific flows handled by the individual.
- Monitoring of loans with various bank and ensuring timely closure.
- Preparation of weekly Mark-to-Market position in relation to financing requirement
- Maintain regular interaction with banks and provide them update on the lifecycle of trade which they are financing
- Review of contracts for all transactions in accordance with company policy and procedure
- To check and approve cargo loadings and discharges whilst ensuring contractual obligations are met without exposing the company to risk or loss.
- Risk covering sales where necessary with Banks and/or Insurance.
- Release and stock management, exposure monitoring and weekly m2m of any storage positions.
- Close co-operation with our Treasury Desk and Settlements team personnel to ensure cargo payments are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely processing of Cargo payments together with managing cash positions with the Banks.
- Close co-operation with our Deals Desk personnel to ensure any costs agreed by Trade Finance are allocated correctly to the separately maintained deal Profit and Loss accounts.
- Close co-operation with our Oil Operations team to ensure that our physical logistical requirements are in alignment with financial and risk considerations
- Preparation and dispatch of Invoices and Letters of Indemnity (or shipping documents) for payment under Documentary Letters of Credit received from our buyers.
- The reception/recording and distribution of shipping documents - including the allocation and dispatch of such documents to our trading counter-parts / financing banks enabling the prompt cancellation of outstanding LOI's
- The regular chasing of any shipping documents not received in a timely manner from our trading counter-parts / financing banks - thus ensuring that our credit facilities are used to an optimum level.
- Managing discounting, confirmation and bank risk cover for various sales
- Closely liasoning with teams in locations like Singapore/ Geneva/ Johannesburg etc
- External - Banks, Insurance, Counterparties.
- Internal - Ops, Traders, Contracts, Treasury, Securitisation, Accounting & Deals Desk