Trafigura - Analyst - Trade Control/Trade Support (0-3 yrs)
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities business.
Trafigura Global Services Pvt. Ltd. (TGS) is the Global In-house Centre (GIC) for Trafigura, one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
Founded in 1993, the company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Department: Deals Desk Trade Control
Work Shift: APAC / EMEA/ WHEM coverage
- Maintenance and enhancement of core P&L data to increase accuracy and timeliness of the daily trading results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate in Commerce/Economics with sound understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible with work shifts
- Team player with good communication skills - verbal and written
- Fast learner and comfortable operating in a fast paced environment
- Flexible attitude and self-motivated
- Good understanding of Excel is essential.
- Data management experience
- Using multiple IT interfaces at once
- Increasing the accuracy of estimated costs ensuring they align with actual cost incurred.
- Maintain key data that is not automatically managed by IT system rules.
- Maintain the integrity of data between 2 key systems
- Facilitate timely daily trade entry to allow Global position to be published earlier.
- Utilising Excel to produce cross checks to ensure data entry 100% accurate
- Hedging for speculative trades
- Deals Desk regional managers
- Manager at TGS
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.