Trafigura - Analyst/Senior Analyst - Management Accounting - CA (2-5 yrs)
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports, and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil & refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining group; and Galena Assets Management.
The company is owned by over 700 of its 8,000 employees who work in 80 offices and 41 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD 12 billion in 2003 to USD147 billion in 2020. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle. The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Main Purpose :
This role is responsible for the accounting, reporting and control of the Trading legal entities with primary responsibilities of monthly closing of the books, entity-specific accounting policy, legal entity maintenance, account reconciliation & account structure management. The role will require an in-depth understanding of these entities including their business strategies, associated technical accounting and disclosure requirements. With a total asset base of USD48.6 billion, strong balance sheet controls become critical to achieve the overall business goals and maximize financial performance.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills :
- Chartered Accountant / post-graduation accounting qualification
- 2-4 Years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-driven and able to take end-to-end ownership
- Keen to question and challenge the existing processes with a view of creating reporting efficiencies and improvements.
- Can work with multiple data sets, various systems and Excel
- Eager to take up fresh challenges and support the team wherever required
- Comfortable to work with non-accounting teams for regular activities and projects
Balance Sheet Review & Control :
- Provide and support input into the end-to-end control and ownership of legal entity balance sheets for the division supported
- Drive the monthly financial close which entails analytical review and sign off of the balance sheet, profit and loss accounts for entities of the specified trading division
- Perform the month end close process including but not limited to revenue recognition checks, stock verification and valuation, debtors aging along with provision review, intercompany & related party balance confirmation
- Prepare and post journals with respect to accruals & prepayments, derivatives netting adjustments, depreciation
- Evaluate accounting of various physical and derivative positions and determine application of hedge accounting where appropriate
- Ensure strong control framework by implementing and maintaining effective internal controls
- Address ad hoc requests from various stakeholders and counterparts like tax, consolidation and regional accounting teams
- Coordinate with multiple teams on matters relating to intercompany settlements, transfer pricing, legal, compliance
Management Reporting :
- Analyse trial balance movements on a monthly basis and highlight and explain the significant movements based on agreed thresholds
- Perform analytical review and provide comments on the business rationale of balance sheet movements
- Prepare, analyse and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the consolidation team
- Prepare management reporting packs on monthly/quarterly basis
- Liaise with external auditors during the group & statutory audits
- Coordinate with various functions to provide auditable support & evidence to external auditors
- Prepare disclosure schedules and audit documentation
- Drive change projects to support any accounting policy changes or new reporting requirements for the legal entities in scope
- Challenge the current processes for improvement and constantly review processes for efficiencies
- Steer a wide variety of projects in the transformation of the trading and GL systems from the design, functional requirements and testing to supporting implementation
- Business Controllers
- Deals Desk (Product Control team)
- Operations /Chartering (logistics)
- Trade Finance
- External Audit teams
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.