Talent Acquisition at Trafigura Global Services Pvt Ltd
Views:7606 Applications:755 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:67
Trafigura - Analyst - Senior Analyst - Forex Risk Management (4-6 yrs)
Looking for candidates with relevant experience in FX Treasury.
FX Trading/dealing experience will be preferred
Job Title : Forex Risk Management Analyst / Senior Analyst
- The FX Risk Management Team is a middle office team managing Forex exposure arising from all the divisions: Trading, Finance, Overheads.
- The team is responsible for identifying FX exposure, devising hedging strategy and executing the FX trades with internal traders. It involves constant interaction with commercial traders, deals desk and operators highlighting forex risk & market opportunities and updating the FX P&L in a timely manner.
- Allocation of FX hedges to underlying exposure and settlement of derivatives on maturity with derivative back office is also managed by the team. The FX team also works with Treasury to manage liquidity in foreign currency accounts and minimize exposure & costs connected with interest rates and overdrafts.
Key Responsibilities :
Responsible for the identification, analysis, mitigation and connected back-office activities of Foreign Exchange Risk Management arising from Trading and Investment business conducted in all divisions of Trafigura.
- Liaise with Traders, Operations and Deals Desk in identifying FX risks
- Understand FX exposure, currency regulations and design hedging strategies for new geographies / business lines
- Execute FX trades with internal broker
- Actively monitor the markets for events, opportunities and early sign of distress in order to inform management and traders timely
- Allocate the hedge P&L to each underlying exposure and monitor hedge effectiveness
- Liaise with Derivatives Back Office in order to agree daily settlements and resolve discrepancies
- Work with Treasury to manage account liquidity in foreign currency and minimize exposure and costs connected with interest rates and overdrafts
- Support all manners of reconciliation related to FX and development of FX system(s) to improve current process
Key Relationships :
- Banks and Brokers
- Internal Broker and Back Office
- Operational Treasury
- Trade Finance, Deals Desk
- Trading floor
- 4-6 years relevant work experience with exposure to Foreign Exchange markets, Interest Rates, Cash / Liquidity Management, Risk Management. Preferable 2-3 years of experience in FX trades execution.
- MBA in Finance, FRM Certification preferred.
- Be flexible, open minded, comfortable in working with firm deadlines and able to handle stress situations.
- Good team-player and an open personality with energy and drive.
- Should be proficient in excel.
- Familiarity with using multiple systems is a plus.
- Should have excellent English communication skills.