Trafigura - Analyst - Refined Metal Operations (3-5 yrs)
Analyst - Refined Metal Operations
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities business.
Trafigura Global Services Pvt. Ltd. (TGS) is the Global In-house Centre (GIC) for Trafigura, a world leading physical commodity trading company and logistics house, whose business is advancing trade for a growing array of customers and counterparties around the world - reliably, efficiently and responsibly. Physical trading is a long-term business and strategic investments in storage and logistics capabilities around the world are central to our business model. The company directly employs over 5,300 people in 37 countries. We source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities. In 2015, we traded 146.3 million tonnes of oil and petroleum products and 52.1 million tonnes of metals and minerals products. We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders. Founded in 1993, the company is owned by its founding shareholders and senior management. It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing revenue from USD18 billion in 2004 to USD136.4 billion in 2017.
Our global trading teams are based in Geneva, Montevideo, Singapore and Stamford and are supported by offices in Johannesburg, Lima, Mexico City, Mumbai and Shanghai.
Main Purpose :
- Metal Operators are responsible for all aspects of executing physical shipments from trade execution through to trade completion. Responsibilities include but are not limited to logistics, contract administration, settlement, and risk mitigation covering metal shipments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- BE/MBA degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Finance or a related subject.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the metal/logistics industry preferred.
- Fluent English essential as daily contact with traders and internal departments is conducted in English.
- Strong communication skills required as daily contact with international internal departments and customers/service providers throughout varying geographical areas is needed to conduct daily operations.
- Solid analytical capabilities, including the ability to summarize complex logistical issues and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity in written or oral form.
- Accurate and efficient working style with good attention to detail to complete the daily processes
- Ability to be flexible with working hours in the event of deadlines and work well under pressure
- Open personality with energy and drive
- IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
Key Responsibilities :
- Written and verbal daily contact with suppliers, receivers and service providers
- Understanding monthly tonnage requirements and co-ordinating the shipments with our customers
- Organization and coordination of shipments through direct contact with various Trafigura offices
- Maintenance of multiple reports including Credit Exposure reports and Logistics reports and shipping lists
- Timely and routine updation of inhouse IT system to reflect accurate location and status of cargo at all times
- Ensuring all pricing orders from suppliers / customers are actioned, acknowledging pricing requests and sending to the deals desk for execution
- Preparation, verification, and handling of all shipping documents
- Checking and arranging payments
- Insuring cargoes while observing incoterms
- Invoicing while observing and maintaining payments terms (Holding Certificates, CAD, Letters of Credit, BanK Guarantee, Bank collections, Open Account etc) and following up for payment with customers.
- Arranging for inspection, sampling, assaying and umpires of cargoes as per contractual terms.
Key Internal Relationships :
- Trade Finance and Credit Departments
- IT/ Developers
- Weighing and Sampling Department
- Treasury Department
- Deals Desk (Risk and Market Analysis Department)
Reporting Structure :
- Reporting directly to Manager Operations in Mumbai
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.