Trafigura - Analyst - Refined Metal Operations (1-5 yrs)
- Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports, and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil & refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining group; and Galena Assets Management.
- The company is owned by over 700 of its 8,000 employees who work in 80 offices and 41 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD 12 billion in 2003 to USD 147 billion in 2020. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
- Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle. The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Main Purpose :
Metal Operators are responsible for all aspects of executing physical shipments from trade execution through to trade completion. Responsibilities include but are not limited to logistics, contract administration, settlement, and risk mitigation covering metal shipments..
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- BE/MBA degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Finance or a related subject. 1 - 5 years experience in the metal/logistics industry preferred.
- Fluent English essential as daily contact with traders and internal departments is conducted in English.
- Strong communication skills required as daily contact with international internal departments and customers/service providers throughout varying geographical areas is needed to conduct daily operations.
- Solid analytical capabilities, including the ability to summarize complex logistical issues and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity in written or oral form.
- Accurate and efficient working style with good attention to detail to complete the daily processes
- Ability to be flexible with working hours in the event of deadlines and work well under pressure
- Open personality with energy and drive
- IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Written and verbal daily contact with suppliers, receivers and service providers
- Understanding monthly tonnage requirements and co-ordinating the shipments with our customers
- Organization and coordination of shipments through direct contact with various Trafigura offices
- Maintenance of multiple reports including Credit Exposure reports and Logistics reports and shipping lists
- Timely and routine updation of inhouse IT system to reflect accurate location and status of cargo at all times
- Ensuring all pricing orders from suppliers / customers are actioned, acknowledging pricing requests and sending to the deals desk for execution
- Preparation, verification, and handling of all shipping documents
- Checking and arranging payments
- Insuring cargoes while observing incoterms
- Invoicing while observing and maintaining payments terms (Holding Certificates, CAD, Letters of Credit, BanK Guarantee, Bank collections, Open Account etc) and following up for payment with customers.
- Arranging for inspection, sampling, assaying and umpires of cargoes as per contractual terms.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Trade Finance and Credit Departments
- IT/ Developers
- Weighing and Sampling Department
- Treasury Department
- Deals Desk (Risk and Market Analysis Department)
Our global trading teams are based in Geneva, Montevideo, Singapore and Stamford and are supported by offices in Johannesburg, Lima, Mexico City, Mumbai and Shanghai.
- Reporting directly to Manager Operations in Mumbai
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.