Talent Acquisition at Trafigura Global Services Pvt Ltd
Views:5713 Applications:670 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Trafigura - Analyst - Oil Operations - Supply Chain/Logistics (0-3 yrs)
Main Purpose :
- The Operations team, which runs the logistics in our firm, is at the heart of our business. The role of an oil operator is techno-commercial in nature which requires an individual to apply their technical knowledge to understand and maximize the P&L for the trader.
- It requires the operator to be constantly aware of market intelligence, to seek information which is commercially important and act on it promptly in consultation with the trader.
It is a progressive role which requires multi-dimensional understanding of different fields of knowledge like - Finance, product specifications, operations, International law, industry regulation, shipping, taxation, and customs amongst others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Candidates should have :
- 0-3 years of strong corporate experience
- MBA in Finance. Degree in Engineering is desirable.
- Extremely strong communication skills and quantitative ability
- Strong business acumen and has a commercial bent of mind
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to negotiate with International customers
- The ideal candidate for this profile is one who is curious, is a self-starter, can think on her/ his feet, is always hungry to learn and do more, is action oriented, is well organized, has a logical bent of mind and can think out of the box to find solution to new challenges that this role brings up daily.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist traders in business development by gathering information for new trading opportunities
- Optimize the deal P&L (profit & loss) through efficient voyage planning by communicating updates in a timely and organised manner.
- Actively manage all voyages by sending voyage orders to vessel owners, negotiating with terminal operators, counterparties and port authorities to optimize the logistics and minimize costs
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with International customers and third party service providers on a regular basis regarding post deal activities.
- Dealing and negotiating with international clients on a regular basis regarding post deal activities
- Assist the chartering team with vessel clearance, freight calculations and pre and post fixture optimization of oil tankers
- Review and negotiate contractual terms with international clients to gain maximum commercial advantage for Trafigura
- Gain through understanding of pricing & hedging exposure on every deal and actively manage the P&L along with the Deals desk (risk management) team
- Be completely aware of the Costs related to a particular deal, minimize the costs actively and keep the Deals desk team continuously updated
- Gain through understanding of the Trade finance and credit terms associated with the deal and help the trade finance team in LC negotiations
- Since we work in an extremely regulated environment ensure strict adherence to Trafigura's Code of Conduct and follow internal procedures and company's policies
Key Relationships :
- Trading Desk
- Deals Desk
- Chartering Desk
- Trade Finance Desk
- Contracts Desk
- Service Providers