Trafigura - Analyst - Group Accounting - CA (2-4 yrs)
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities trading business. Trafigura Global Services Private Ltd. is the Shared Services Centre for Trafigura, one of the world's leading independent commodity trading and logistics houses. Its business is advancing trade for a growing array of customers and counterparties around the world. The company directly employs over 4,000 people through a network of 61 offices in 36 countries. We source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities. In 2014 we traded 205.4 million tonnes of oil and petroleum products and 60 million tonnes of metals and minerals products. We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders. Founded in 1993, the company is owned by its founding shareholders and senior management. It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing revenue from USD 18 billion in 2004 to USD180.7 billion in 2018.
Ours is a long-term business model. We are building partnerships with host governments, project partners and local communities that deliver lasting, shared value.
We benefit from a talented and highly motivated international workforce. Because managers and employees both own and run the company they identify strongly with its performance. Our decentralised structure promotes individual responsibility and a flexible, responsive approach.
We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders.
Group Accounting team is responsible for the overall consolidation and external reporting of the Trafigura Group's financial information. This includes ensuring compliance to the Trafigura Group accounting policy, managing various stakeholders reporting, responsibilities for statutory audits and publishing interim/annual reports.
The Group Accounting team is currently based out of Amsterdam and Mumbai.
The said proposed role primarily would be to assist the Group Accounting team in the following:
1. Month end closing activities: Preparation and reporting of consolidated trial balance for Group and maintaining tracker for changes in the same during reporting cycle. Reporting to management with variance analysis, consolidation of divisional reporting and financial statements. Responsible for elimination entries on consolidation.
2. Intercompany reconciliation : preparation of MIS on IC breaks/ageing and coordinating with various stakeholders for resolution
3. Preparation of the consolidated and/or standalone financial statements (IFRS) for various Trafigura Group companies located at various geographies across the world.
The position will play a key role in Group Accounting team of the Global organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Qualified Chartered accountant (preferably first attempt at all the levels)
- Industry experience with day to day application knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- 2-4 years of post-qualification experience in similar positions or relevant role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting and GAAP implementation
- Fluent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., reconciling data, ensuring accuracy of data); maintaining numerous electronic and paper files; using basic office equipment.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
Key Responsibilities :
- Role would be responsible for preparation and submission of consolidated trial balance after incorporating performance of various divisions within Trafigura Group
- Responsible for managing and circulating MIS on IC positions across the Group
- Gain good understanding of the accounting systems and be able to perform UAT of any new accounting system implementation
- Preparation of consolidated and standalone financial statements and ensuring that the overall process is managed well to achieve the agreed timelines.
- Record to report function for various holding/investment entities
- Active involvement in documentation / accounting for restructuring of entities in the Group
- Preparation and filing of statistical surveys.
- Ensure that the submissions to the auditors/controllers are accurate and fully explained.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Divisional Accounting teams based in Mumbai, Geneva and various other global locations
- Group accounting team based out of Amsterdam
- Tax Team based out of Mumbai and Amsterdam
- External auditors, advisors
- System development/ IT teams
The role will be based out of Mumbai and will report locally to Manager, Group Accounting team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.