Trafigura - Analyst - Financial & Operational Control - CA (2-4 yrs)
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities trading business. Trafigura Global Services Private Ltd. is the Shared Services Centre for Trafigura, one of the world's leading independent commodity trading and logistics houses. Its business is advancing trade for a growing array of customers and counterparties around the world. The company directly employs over 4,000 people through a network of 61 offices in 36 countries. We source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities. In 2014 we traded 205.4 million tonnes of oil and petroleum products and 60 million tonnes of metals and minerals products. We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders. Founded in 1993, the company is owned by its founding shareholders and senior management. It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing revenue from USD 18 billion in 2004 to USD136.4 billion in 2017.
Ours is a long-term business model. We are building partnerships with host governments, project partners and local communities that deliver lasting, shared value.
We benefit from a talented and highly motivated international workforce. Because managers and employees both own and run the company they identify strongly with its performance. Our decentralized structure promotes individual responsibility and a flexible, responsive approach.
We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders.
Department: Financial and Operations Control department
- Focused desk reviews as per the risk plan or per management request
- Continuous monitoring consisting of review of business processes and monitoring financial and operational environment necessary for effective and efficient operations.
- Support the business re-engineering and system development projects initiated by the management
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- CA (1st/ 2nd attempt)/ Master degree level in Business economics / administration, Audit, Accountancy or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in internal audit / external audit or in a controlling function in the Oil or Metals industry
- Ability to work with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Ability to act successfully in international business and multicultural context
- Results Oriented - Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with varying levels in the organization.
- Independent, flexible and proactive team player who can also take the lead in audits.
- Should have strong analytical and influencing skills and be a conceptual thinker
- Taking ownership and accountability and comfortable to work in a pressured environment.
- Committed to self-development
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
- Oil/Metals/Commodity Trading/Financial Markets business experience
- Knowledge of accounting guidance (Dutch GAAP and IFRS), accounting processes, financial instruments and derivatives
- Perform reviews in line with the risks associated with the processes or as mandated by the management. Key reviews areas include:
- Desk or product reviews covering various processes like forwarding curve, revenue and costs, hedges, pricing, pnl reporting, stock valuations, debtors and creditors, etc.
- Review and investigation of various processes like trade loans, securitization, balance sheet accruals, control accounts, suspense items, non-deal items, reconciliations, etc.
- Review over overheads with respect to accurate reporting as well as from the perspective of efficiency / optimum utilization of resources
- any other special review as requested by the management
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to existing rules and procedures
- Perform root cause analysis of deviations/exceptions
- Continuously evaluate existing controls and procedures and opportunities for improvement
- Assess compliance to various regulations
- Analyse and conclude on effectiveness and efficiency of overall control environment
- Discuss findings with key stakeholders and report issues timely to the management
- Monitor management actions recommended in the reports
- Liaise with Internal Controls team and ensure that the controls framework is up to date so as to further improve compliance.
- Monitor trends in the product market, anticipate emerging issues through research and interviews and decide how best to deal with them
- Determining key risk indicators as inputs for development of the overall plan for the department
- Identify / assist / support management in implementing operational efficiency improvements as well as in system development initiatives.
Other activities :
- Coordinate work with various departments mainly Deals Desk, Operations, Derivatives Back Office, Accounting and Internal Controls.
- Liaise with external auditor on control issues
- Contribute, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit
- Ad-hoc duties as required by the management
- Deals Desk
- Operations including Traffic
- Finance & Senior Management
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.