Trafigura - Analyst - Direct Tax - CA (1-3 yrs)
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports, and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil & refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining group; and Galena Assets Management.
The company is owned by over 700 of its 8,000 employees who work in 80 offices and 41 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD 12 billion in 2003 to 147 billion in 2020. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle. The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
The corporate tax team is based in various locations worldwide; however this role would be working mainly with the group tax function, which is based in Trafigura's Amsterdam office.
As a department, we are responsible for tax position of the Trafigura Group. This includes tax compliance, accounting, reporting and planning.
The role will be to assist the Group Tax Manager with the tax accounting and tax compliance function. Main responsibilities will be to ensure:
1) the timely and accurate filing of the corporate income tax returns of the group; and
2) Accurate tax accounting of the legal entities of the group.
You will play a key role in corporate income tax accounting and direct tax compliance for multiple entities in different jurisdictions (no Indian taxation)This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ambitious, likes variety and has a strong drive to build and develop. A successful candidate will enjoy real value add to the business and great opportunities for the future.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Qualified ACA / ACCA / CA accountant
2. Experience with international tax compliance
3. Minimum 2 to 4 years post-qualification experience in similar positions or relevant role.
4. Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting.
5. Experience with extracting data from accounting systems
1. Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required
2. Fluent English required, both written & verbal
3. Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., reconciling data, ensuring accuracy of data); maintaining numerous electronic and paper files; using basic office equipment.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
3. Ability to work with different (new) systems and processes
4. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
5. Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
6. Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
7. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
8. Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges.
9. Self-starter and pro-active.
1. Preparation and submission of timely and accurate corporate income tax returns for group companies allocated to you, which includes below :
- Co-ordinating with tax advisors for preparation of tax return
- Responding to the questions asked by tax advisors
- Collation of data from various teams in order to understand nature of transaction so as to decide on taxability
- Review of draft tax return prepared by tax advisors
2. Preparation of the monthly tax provisioning, including posting of the journals in the system
3. Ensure that tax provisions in the balance sheet are in line with management expectation as well as filed returns/ assessments
4. Control and oversight of the tax compliance process for companies for which local teams are responsible.
5. Ensure that tax payments are made within the set deadlines
6. Assist in international tax audits/ assessments
7. Monitor & control of worldwide transfer pricing obligations
8. Assistance with preparation of transfer pricing data as and when required
9. Filing of taxable profit estimates
10. Manage extension of filing process and keep track of filing deadlines
11. Keep track of notice of objection periods and review of preliminary and final tax assessments
12. Other ad-hoc duties when required
1. Tax department based in Amsterdam, Mumbai & various other global locations.
2. Accounting teams worldwide
3. External tax advisors
4. Tax authorities worldwide
The role will be part of Direct tax accounting and compliance team, which is part of TGS Accounting team. This Direct tax accounting and compliance team has a solid reporting line to the Manager in TGS Accounting Mumbai. The role will have a dotted line to the Group Tax Manager in Amsterdam.
- Solid line: Vipul Garg
- Dotted line: Amit Mantri (Tax Accounting & Compliance Manager)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.