Trafigura - Analyst - Derivatives (1-4 yrs)
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports, and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil & refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining group; and Galena Assets Management.
The company is owned by over 700 of its 8,000 employees who work in 80 offices and 41 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD 12 billion in 2003 to USD 147 billion in 2020. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle. The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Department Profile :
All of Trafigura's global derivatives positions flow through this department which gives us a wide exposure to the different global derivatives contracts in the market. Swaps and Futures is the backbone of Trafigura's trading structure and as such we are responsible for managing the complete lifecycle of Derivative positions and are the key point of contact for all front and middle office derivative queries. Communication within this department is not limited to internal stakeholders but with external counterparties as well to ensure that the business commercial requirements are met.
The nature of Trafigura's business is constantly changing with new assets classes being constantly added, all team members are trained to be adaptive to meet this challenge. Whilst tasks might be process-orientated, team members are encouraged to think critically to improve the current workflow. Opportunities in this team exist for cross-training and multiple members of this department in the past have gone on to take on more challenging roles within the organization
Main Purpose :
- Managing the entire lifecycle of Over The Counter and Exchange traded derivatives
Experience, Knowledge and Skills :
- Working knowledge on Derivatives - FX and/or physical commodity
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible attitude and self-motivated
- Proven ability to partner with global stakeholders
- Fast learner and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment
- Degree educated or equivalent in numerate discipline or above
- Proficient in MS Excel
- SME/end user experience on MUREX platform
- Working knowledge of regulations such as EMIR, MAS, Dodd Frank, REMIT
Key Responsibilities :
- Collateral management and OTC Margin call processing
- Ensure all trades processed through clearing banks are correct & reconcile to traders records.
- Work with internal departments, external counterparties and exchanges to resolve discrepancies on trades
- Maintain all clearing accounts on the internal system daily basis, processing contract expiries and trade transfers between accounts
- Inform the Treasury department of the daily movement of cash received or paid to the clearing houses.
- Perform Derivative settlements
- Perform Regulatory reporting for Regulations such as EMIR, MAS, Dodd Frank, REMIT
Key Relationships :
- Internal : Traders, Deals Desk, Treasury, Oil Accounting, Credit, IT
- External : Clearing Brokers, Exchanges, Executing brokers
- External : OTC Counterparties
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.