Talent Acquisition at Trafigura Global Services Pvt Ltd
Views:8915 Applications:777 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Trafigura - Analyst - Coal Commercial Operations - Logistics Operations (1-7 yrs)
Trafigura has been trading coal actively since 2009. We regularly ship US, Colombian, South African, Indonesian and Australian coal to the majority of coal importing regions, including India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
The global coal team is made up of approximately 30 Traders and 30 operators located mainly in the US, China, Switzerland, Indonesia, India and Singapore.
Coal Operators are responsible for all aspects of executing physical shipments from trade execution through to trade completion. Responsibilities include but are not limited to logistics, contract administration, settlement, and risk mitigation covering coal shipments.
Key Responsibilities :
- Written and verbal daily contact with suppliers, receivers and service providers
- Co-ordinating the shipments with our customers
- Preparation, verification, and handling of all shipping documents
- Invoicing while observing and maintaining payments terms (Holding Certificates, CAD, Letters of Credit, Bank collections, Open Account etc)
- Checking and arranging payments
- Insuring cargoes while observing incoterms
- Arranging for inspection, sampling, assaying and umpires of cargoes as per contractual terms.
- Organization and coordination of shipments through direct contact with various Trafigura offices
- Upkeep and maintenance of Trafigura's coal risk capture/coal operations system (Pluto)
- Maintenance of multiple reports including Credit Exposure reports and Logistics reports.
Key Internal Relationships :
- Trade Finance and Credit Departments
- IT/ Developers
- Weighing and Sampling Department
- Treasury Department
- Deals Desk (Risk and Market Analysis Department)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- BE/MBA degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Finance or a related subject. 3 - 5 years experience in the coal/logistics industry preferred.
- Fluent English essential as daily contact with traders and internal departments is conducted in English.
- Strong communication skills required as daily contact with international internal departments and customers/service providers throughout varying geographical areas is needed to conduct daily operations.
- Solid analytical capabilities, including the ability to summarize complex logistical issues and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity in written or oral form.
- Accurate and efficient working style with good attention to detail to complete the daily processes
- Ability to be flexible with working hours in the event of deadlines and work well under pressure
- Open personality with energy and drive
- IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook