Manager - HR at Rural Naukri
Views:6086 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:82
Trader - Spices (5-15 yrs)
Spices are an important product in the commodities Portfolio. This product finds its importance due to the fact a lot of the origins where this company is well entrenched shares the same supply chain for spices as with this company's existing products. Spices offer a wide basket in itself and a lot of the origins where this company operates produce multiple varieties of the spices basket. The clientele base is also discerning and players are mostly processors working on the side of the value chain where the margins are much better than pure trading margins.
The role will have the following key responsibilities for his districts:
1. Build a spices book comprising multiple origins and markets, trading strategies and models. Product mix in the basket should be 3 to 4 varieties of spices from 3 to 4 origins.
2. Liaise closely with origin heads in building joint PNL book with them and sell their sourced sesame to various markets
3. Head the logistics and documentation management team for the business and be directly responsible for the same
4. Explore opportunities of destination market stock and sale options where incremental margins are possible
5. Gather market data and analyse and make comprehensive market reports for the business.
6. Develop a base of highly discerning clients who have specific requirements of the product and work on backward linkage to be able to source and supply them as per their need
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Essential: Bachelor's degree in agriculture, marketing, sales, finance or another business related field.Desirable: MBA or Master's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 - 15 years- experience, including at least 5 year's working in a proven trading position
- Proven track record of developing and leading high performing sourcing and operations teams at regional or national level, ideally with a multi-national or Blue Chip company.
- Have prior experience of trading in Sesame
- Have a good network of suppliers and clients of spices across various origins and markets
- Entrepreneurial and bottom of the pyramid skill sets
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Analytical with a good head for figures
- Innovative, entrepreneurial
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication including the ability to produce clear presentations and reports
- Proficient in MS Office (including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Willing to be based in Dubai with extensive travel
- Gender diversity is encouraged
Candidates are requested to go through the JD carefully and apply.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.