Manager - HR at Rural Naukri
Views:5923 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:54
Trader - Sesame (5-15 yrs)
Sesame is an important product in the commodities Portfolio. This product finds its importance due to the fact a lot of the origins where this company is well entrenched shares the same supply chain for sesame as with existing products. As well as in the origins, there is a lot of the customer base for this company is shared with Sesame like cocoa and coffee buyers in China and Japan. Besides, sesame consumption and trade in the world is growing year on year basis and arbitrage of price and supply chain margins are still visible due to production spread across difficult geographies.
The role will have the following key responsibilities for his districts:
1. Build a sesame book comprising multiple origins and markets, trading strategies and models
2. Liaise closely with origin heads in building joint PNL book with them and sell their sourced sesame to various markets
3. Head the logistics and documentation management team for the business and be directly responsible for the same
4. Explore opportunities of destination market stock and sale options where incremental margins are possible
5. Gather market data and analyse and make comprehensive market reports for the business.
6. Develop a 3 year strategy to make the company a top three player in the industry without compromising on bottom line.
7. Develop a base of highly discerning clients who have specific requirements of the product and work on backward linkage to be able to source and supply them as per their need
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Essential: Bachelor's degree in agriculture, marketing, sales, finance or another business related field.Desirable: MBA or Master's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 - 15 years- experience, including at least 5 year's working in a proven trading position
- Proven track record of developing and leading high performing sourcing and operations teams at regional or national level, ideally with a multi-national or Blue Chip company.
- Have prior experience of trading in Sesame
- Have a good network of suppliers and clients of sesame across various origins and markets
- Entrepreneurial and bottom of the pyramid skill sets
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Analytical with a good head for figures
- Innovative, entrepreneurial
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication including the ability to produce clear presentations and reports
- Proficient in MS Office (including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Willing to be based in Dubai with extensive travel
- Gender diversity is encouraged
Candidates are requested to go through the JD carefully and apply.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.