Trade Accounting & Operations Role - Hedge Funds (8-12 yrs)
What you'll do:
- Accountability for the work product of the team - daily trade, position, Swap MTMs, and cash reconciliations to the prime broker/custodians/administrators as well as all income/expense accruals. In addition, overseeing timely reconciliations and settlements of OTC products.
- Playing an active oversight role in day-to-day operations, escalation of aged breaks, business-as-usual troubleshooting and setting direction and goals for individuals.
- Coordinating with investment managers, prime brokers & administrators to resolve day-to-day exceptions, as well as develop more strategic initiatives.
- Liaising with other internal functions like pricing, middle office and collateral management to resolve discrepancies and/or respond to internal queries.
- Assisting the team and playing a review role for the accounting close (monthly/bi-weekly); providing adequate support for outstanding breaks, and preparation of month-end binder.
- Working with the team in NY and locally to define strategy and new projects, including prioritizations.
- Providing assistance to auditors and fund administrators during the audit and NAV finalization process.
- Working with technology teams as needed, by assisting in special projects, developing bespoke reports, developing specifications, product implementation and UAT.
The ideal candidate must have an MBA (Finance) / CFA / CA or any another equivalent qualification
- 8-12 years of work experience in fund accounting
- In-depth domain/finance knowledge, attention to detail, the ability to work with minimal supervision and experience in managing high performers.
- Drive to enhance the efficiency of processes
- Strong project management skills and effective managerial ability
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel.