VP - Analyst Team at Tracxn Technologies
Views:2709 Applications:148 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:147
Tracxn - Vice President - Sector Specialist - IIT/IIM (10-12 yrs)
Tracxn (www.tracxn.com) is a Bangalore based product company providing a research and deal sourcing platform for Venture Capital, Private Equity, CorpDev and professionals working around the startup ecosystem.
We are a team of 750+ working professionals serving customers across the globe. Our clients include Funds like Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, NEA; and Large Corporates such as ING, Societe Generale, LG and Royal Bank of Canada.
Vice President - Sector Specialist (SS) is a leadership position at Tracxn. You would be leading a team of Sector Specialists and taking up reporting of AVPs who manage different verticals. You would be responsible for end to end ownership of these verticals including, process design and implementation, training, hiring, performance tracking etc.
About the team - Sector Specialists are subject matter experts in sectors such as E-commerce, Healthcare, Fintech, Enterprise Security etc. The team conducts secondary research on these sectors and is responsible for delivering multiple Research products like Sector Landscapes, Competitive Analysis, Identification of interesting startups and innovative companies etc.
This is a Leadership and Problem Solving position. Previous experience in research is NOT required.
Key Research Responsibilities
- Define which sectors or sub sectors to cover on Tracxn Platform. Build processes for continuous discovery of new trends like Novel Foods, Self Driving Cars, Usage Based Insurance etc.
- Review of Industry Landscapes (Financial Services, Healthcare etc.) built by team. Provide feedback to ensure all markets are identified and visual representation of Industries is correct.
- Closely work with AVPs to keep Sector Classification (Marketmap) of all sectors updated. Review Key decisions. For eg new Business Model for Cloud Kitchen companies in FoodTech.
- Define new data points which can be covered on the Tracxn platform.
Key Management Responsibilities
- Design and lead operations to ensure quality deliverables from the team.
- End to end ownership of Department processes.
- Define and set up KPIs to monitor growth and health of your verticals. Set up a monitoring protocol and design MIS reports. For example setting up MIS reports to ensure that Competitive Analysis is available for all companies on the platform.
- Define, implement and own the required org structure.
- Take multi-tier reporting of people in the org. Provide mentorship and constructive feedback.
- Responsible for performance management within the team.
- Graduate / Post Graduate from Tier 1 colleges like IIT, IIM, BITS etc.
- 10 -12 years of work experience
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to take decisions based on sound logical arguments
- Seek continuous feedback to deliver most optimal solutions
What can you expect at Tracxn:
- Meritocracy Driven, Candid Culture. No Politics
- Like Minded Intellectually Curious Colleagues
- Learn to Design System & Processes for High Accuracy, Efficiency and Scalability
- High Paced Learning. Continuous Mentorship to help Achieve Peak Potential
- Learn to Manage Multi-Tier Reporting
- Neha Singh (ex-Sequoia, BCG | MBA - Stanford GSB)
- Abhishek Goyal (ex-Accel Partners, Amazon | BTech - IIT Kanpur)