Vice President at Tracxn Technologies
Views:2749 Applications:495 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:486
Tracxn - Senior PM/Lead PM - Product Management - B2B SaaS Product (5-8 yrs)
Tracxn - Product Management - Senior PM / Lead PM - B2B SaaS Product
IMPORTANT: Please read the entire JD to get an accurate picture of the role. Please apply for the position if you consider yourself a good fit for the role, and if we look like a good fit for you.
About the Role:
The Product Team at Tracxn is responsible for the digital platform used by our customers - both internal and external.
At Tracxn, the SPM is a Leadership role requiring both strong problem solving and the willingness to manage direct reports. An SPM reports into one of the the AVPs or VPs of Product.
The SPM typicallly handles multiple product modules and is responsible for defining, planning, and executing product features which our customers will use to make important investment decisions. The SPM is also responsible for mentoring, training, and reviewing the work done by one or more junior PMs reporting to them.
Note - This is NOT a big data / machine learning / data analyst role.
- Manage 1-2 junior PMs - mentor & train them, and review their work
- Manage multiple modules - plan initiatives and prioritise roadmaps
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders - understand pain points
- Define use cases, propose solutions, and back up with research & data
- Write detailed product requirement documents for the Engineering team
- Collaborate with the design team to define the UX & UI of the product
- Manage feature rollouts - taking signoffs, working with marketing team
- Define, implement, and regularly monitor KPIs for product effectiveness
To better understand if we are a good fit for you, we look for
1) A mature thought process & clarity on why this role:
- At least 5-6 years of work experience; previous tech / product / UX design experience preferred
- A mature thought process - willingness to seek feedback, unlearn, and work from 1st principles
- An understanding of and interest in B2B SaaS products; previous B2B software experience preferred
- The willingness to grow into a seasoned people management role and manage junior PMs
2) Someone who is a hands-on team player:
- Empathy for everybody - users, colleagues, engineering, design, all stakeholders
- A collaborative approach as opposed to a consultative approach
- A culture of writing - we love to write down everything from thoughts to decisions
3) Someone who takes good decisions and has a get it done attitude:
- An execution mindset - we like to get things done and we learn from our users
- "Data informed" decision making - use data to validate hypothesis but don't torture it
What we offer:
- Working with hard problems. This industry is uncharted territory
- Fixed work timings - 9 hrs x 5 days. Respect everyones time. No taking your work home
- A meritocratic setup. Everyone explains the why behind their decisions. No politics
- Candid culture. We encourage asking questions over making assumptions
- Managers willing to invest in your growth. We believe in timely, actionable feedback
- And, of course, high visibility on which startups and markets are exciting globally
Tracxn (www.tracxn.com) is a Bangalore based product company providing a research and deal sourcing platform for Venture Capital, Private Equity, Corp Dev and other professionals working around the startup ecosystem. We are a team of 750+ working professionals serving our customers across the globe. Our clients include Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Samsung, Matrix Partners and Citi among others .
We would encourage you to carefully go through each point to understand if we are a good fit for you, and vice versa. The qualities we look for in the candidates are very closely aligned with our companys culture.
Neha Singh (ex-Sequoia, BCG | MBA - Stanford GSB)
Abhishek Goyal (ex-Accel Partners, Amazon | BTech - IIT Kanpur)